Milwaukee Hammer drill issue (Video inside)

samibz

One of my original batteries died about a month ago so i bought 2 new M18 batteries off of ebay (in damaged packaging but new otherwise) and when i was on the job i noticed this problem. It happens with both of the m18 batteries when used with the drill, but the drill works perfect with the original battery. The m18 batteries also work fine in my impact driver. Im not sure what the problem is, seems like the overload protection is going on when the trigger is quickly pressed? If anybody has an idea of what might be the problem please let me know. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mDDouxkfig&feature=youtu.be

Yes, Milwaukee has a 5 year warranty on their tools and a 3 year 1000 charge cycle warranty on the M18 Red Lithium XC batteries. You can take them to your nearest Milwaukee service center if you have one. If you don't know whether or not you have one there is a service center locator on their website Milwaukeetool.com. The customer service number is 1-(800)-Sawdust and they will tell you where your nearest service center is or arrange for them to be shipped to them directly. The warranty period starts at the date or purchase if you've registered them or the date of manufactur if you haven't. I'm going to assume the problem is in the tool. I say this because all the overload protection electronics is located in the tool itself. Are the new batteries you bought one that were made since the Fuel launch? You can tell by the red stripe on the side.

i was looking at the bottom of the two different batteries and my original battery had 47 watt hours and the new m18 battery has 54 watt hours. Then i saw this video on youtube showing they m18 line of batteries and tools and i saw this. Maybe the new drills have an upgraded switch to handle the extra whatt hours. Just a thought but im going in to the service center soon. Thanks for the input

The video is here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xX4zujnA2c&feature=player_detailpage#t=50s

kLubf.jpg?1

That's what I was leaning toward when I ask about the battery. Everything was marketed as being backward compatible when the M18 was released so I wouldn't think you'd have any warranty issue. If it were me I don't think I'd tell them it worked fine with the original barrery, but maybe that's just me.

• 2 months later...