Why doesnt milwaukee make table saws?

Buzzsaw30

It would take very little to rebrand an AEG/Ridgid, good idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be the smarter easier way but with Milwaukee being on their high horse they'd tease people for three years then reveal it and take another year to put it on the shelf because they'd have to reinvent the wheel

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

That would be the smarter easier way but with Milwaukee being on their high horse they'd tease people for three years then reveal it and take another year to put it on the shelf because they'd have to reinvent the wheel

And with their recent track record there's only about a 50% chance it would be great. 

• Like 1

Yep. Like that time Dewalt was late to the game with a cordless table saw, drywall screwgun, drywall cutout tool, brushless nailers, brushless multitool, brushless planer, etc. Oh, wait a second...:D

I do agree with you though Jimbo, saving three years of R&D to unveil a new battery platform and keeping basics like a brushless circ saw, grinder, and recip behind the new battery paywall...yeesh. Interesting strategy lol. I generally prefer the M18 attitude. I am pumped for cordless tools like 12" mitre and table saw though. 

4 minutes ago, Bremon said:

Yep. Like that time Dewalt was late to the game with a cordless table saw, drywall screwgun, drywall cutout tool, brushless nailers, brushless multitool, brushless planer, etc. Oh, wait a second...:D

I do agree with you though Jimbo, saving three years of R&D to unveil a new battery platform and keeping basics like a brushless circ saw, grinder, and recip behind the new battery paywall...yeesh. Interesting strategy lol. I generally prefer the M18 attitude. I am pumped for cordless tools like 12" mitre and table saw though. 

or stud drill lol ya they all do it, don't even bring up bosch or Makita

• Like 2

You can't really complain about Dewalt now back when the 20v max line launched it was really slow getting new tools. The one thing that blew my mind that it took so long was getting a 20v finish nailer. You got a cordless miter and 2 framing nailers before the finish nailer. The other thing is no brushless compact impact wrenches. I got into it with Stuart one time about that he's like they need to design and test for all this stuff I was like no all they need to do is design a new anvil for an impact wrench. Hell Jimbo did more engineering that Dewalt has done on compact brushless impact wrenches.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

It would take very little to rebrand an AEG/Ridgid, good idea!

I could see that, new stamp, new color, and some kind of new feature to be it's own....it better happen within the next 87 days or not at all cause I can return this RIDGID....lol

• Like 3

I could see that, new stamp, new color, and some kind of new feature to be it's own....it better happen within the next 87 days or not at all cause I can return this RIDGID....lol

Instead of a saw stop feature, it could have a Bluetooth smartphone app to help you locate your severed finger.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I see I am surroundedby dewalt guys. I like alot of stuff dewalt puts out but for me if it's not red, leave it in the shed. I prefer milwaukee over anything else but my garage is a rainbow.  As far as the table saw goes, I have a ridgid cast iron table saw for my shop & my portable is a $250 ryobi. I had 2 dewalt prior to the Ryobi and my guys don't take good enough care of my stuff to keep buying  $600 table saws. The ryobi has surpassed my expectations by a long shot but it's no dewalt.  I am rambling here but if milwaukee would ever bless us with a table saw I would be the first to try it out.