Zero Clearance Inserts....And Added Hacks***

comp56

So if you don't know me by now I like my Zero Clearance Inserts for table saw or miter saws, I see RIDGID makes them for their table saws but they seem to be way over priced.......

So I made my own...with guards and riving knife and without....

RIDGID take Note: 

I think mine looks better than yours.....

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 8

Thank you guys.....

I also added a wood side to each side of the fence, I don't know if it is old school or not but the aluminum rail just didn't do it for me. So I took 1/2" birch plywood and planed it clean both sides, added it to the fence.....sure I lose a bit of ripping length but I'm ok with that. another thing was not that it mattered but the indicator for both sides of the fence were now going to be out by the thickness of the added wood. So I fixed that by removing the measuring tape and moved it outwards accordingly to the proper place on both sides of the blade. I then covered the middle with silver vinyl so you couldn't tell. Now regardless if I use the indicators or a tape measure they are lined up true with the added thickness of the fence....

20161013_214128.jpg

20161013_214135.jpg

20161013_214151.jpg

20161013_214352.jpg

20161013_214412.jpg

• Like 5

On 10/11/2016 at 3:15 PM, comp56 said:

So if you don't know me by now I like my Zero Clearance Inserts for table saw or miter saws, I see RIDGID makes them for their table saws but they seem to be way over priced.......

So I made my own...with guards and riving knife and without....

RIDGID take Note: 

I think mine looks better than yours.....

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Gorgeous insert dude. Are you going to make another one for dadoes?

so I came across this floor switch I figured I have a shop vac connected to the table saw and instead of bending down under the side of the saw each time to turn shop vac on and off I tie wrapped it right to the table saw main power switch, now I can turn them both on in one easy motion plus I can turn off table saw and wait a second or two then turn off shop vac or vise versa....

20161021_111639.jpg

• Like 2