DeWalt cordless 20v swivelhead shears

RickyMcGrath

16 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Looks like you almost have to use it with two hands, I think it would be more useful to have a design like Milwaukee and Makita make

Looks like some unholy spawn of the 20v Max recip. I wonder if they actually mean shear or if the press release auto-corrected from shake (the shit out of you). 

• Like 1

It really is bad though Stercorarius. I was cutting up limbs with it after Hurricane Matthew came through and my hands became sore by the end of one 5.0ah battery. It is hard to hold loosely when you are working on keeping control over your cut. It just isn't fun to use. I have not tried any other brands cordless yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The.Handyman said:

It really is bad though Stercorarius. I was cutting up limbs with it after Hurricane Matthew came through and my hands became sore by the end of one 5.0ah battery. It is hard to hold loosely when you are working on keeping control over your cut. It just isn't fun to use. I have not tried any other brands cordless yet.

Sorry, I just had 38 special stuck in my head. I guess I've never used anything other than the DeWalt and Bosch so I don't have a good reference point and I'm not an extremely frequent use. When I use it I've never had an issue with it. Just the occasional cuts in the shop and some out in the field. Did construction for a while and that's when it got the most use cutting out old lags. I'd say it's maybe had forty battery drains on it max so I am willing to believe you guys when you say it vibrates too much. I grew up doing construction with a corded Milwaukee and then Bosch and then Ryobi. First cordless I used was a Kobalt at work and everything I've touched has been a step up from that.