DeWalt Abandoning 40v?

RickyMcGrath

Just now, RickyMcGrath said:

Yes sir. It's a six port charger. Six port 40v charger and the best 20v charger we have is a 2 port. emoji848.png

Actually the best is the rapid 20/60v charger. Everything else is a slow, slower, or slowest charge rate. The multi port chargers that Dewalt is producing are crap, hate to say it. 

56 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Actually the best is the rapid 20/60v charger. Everything else is a slow, slower, or slowest charge rate. The multi port chargers that Dewalt is producing are crap, hate to say it. 

Slow doesn't matter as much when you have 6 charging! Perfect for putting in a service truck or landscaping truck. Charge all day. Plus, it encourages you to buy more batteries.... definitely have to agree I would like a 6 or 12 port charger for storage/trickle charging (even if they say li-ion doesn't need it). 

6 hours ago, RickyMcGrath said:

Yes sir. It's a six port charger. Six port 40v charger and the best 20v charger we have is a 2 port. emoji848.png

Remember that's going to change soon though! That power station for the 20/60v is tops on my list!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, dilloncorr said:

Slow doesn't matter as much when you have 6 charging! Perfect for putting in a service truck or landscaping truck. Charge all day. Plus, it encourages you to buy more batteries.... definitely have to agree I would like a 6 or 12 port charger for storage/trickle charging (even if they say li-ion doesn't need it). 

For the cost you just buy multiple rapid chargers and forgo the slow charging, and require half the number of batteries because they charge so quickly. But go ahead and spend it if you got it, your brand will love you more. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dewalt frustrates me with these releases. It seems like I'm more invested in Team Yellow OPE and storage (ToughSystem) than Dewalt is. Why are they still producing unique tool cases, instead of making it all nesting or modular? This charger is a perfect example: Could have really used it during Matthew, but I'm not half as tempted to get a random box that won't stack with the rest of them. 

• Like 3

Agreed Sarbatche. No reason for that. All their tools should come in tstaks minimum, and they need to communicate more between divisions and pay attention to details. Prime example of details: toughsystem music doesn't latch into the brackets. Lack of communication: toughsystem music doesn't fit FlexVolt because the storage division designed TSM rather than the power tool division/regular radio team so they (supposedly) didn't know about FlexVolt. The 20v Max 6.0 packs are supposedly going to be a bit bigger than 5.0 so who knows if those will even fit. 

Agreed Sarbatche. No reason for that. All their tools should come in tstaks minimum, and they need to communicate more between divisions and pay attention to details. Prime example of details: toughsystem music doesn't latch into the brackets. Lack of communication: toughsystem music doesn't fit FlexVolt because the storage division designed TSM rather than the power tool division/regular radio team so they (supposedly) didn't know about FlexVolt. The 20v Max 6.0 packs are supposedly going to be a bit bigger than 5.0 so who knows if those will even fit. 

DeWalt ran a HUGE line of tools that came with Tough Boxes last year and they sat in top stock. There are still a few tools in Tough boxes that I'm keeping an eye on for when they go to next clearance stage.

10 hours ago, RickyMcGrath said:

DeWalt ran a HUGE line of tools that came with Tough Boxes last year and they sat in top stock. There are still a few tools in Tough boxes that I'm keeping an eye on for when they go to next clearance stage.

I definitely eyed all of those releases, but they were tools which I already had. I would have bought the custom inserts had they been sold separately. Which is another missed opportunity that's been beaten up in a previous thread.

I'm actually a little surprised that there aren't any aftermarket options being offered by some entrepreneurial spirits since releases take so long. Like inserts for Tough Systems or a pole saw end for the 40V string trimmer. At the very least, the wall rack system would have been easy to produce even for a home business.