junk tools

rought

Ok First off EVERY tool brand has some  kinks in their tool line DeWalt has em Makita has em Hilti has em and metabo has em It's just what happens nobody Is perfect!

The reason why I'm staying loyal and true to milwaukee is because I've never had such a dependable tool, Ive Never had a Milwaukee tool completely fail me and never will hopefully... If so I have a 5 Year tool warranty to back me up and If my tool does get messed up then I'm happy to take it to the milwaukee service center, were service is very helpful.

Ok second off Stop Looking At Them so Negatively, us being humans Want More so were always going to be complaining to our source of interest either if it's making more money, Jobs, and having tool industries make more or better tools, are attitudes are I WANT MORE were never thankful for the little things we get in life... Anyways looking at the positive for milwaukee would be...  Their very innovative, Even though they give me that tool I didn't want they still throw some innovations that give me a smile, They have some awesome giveaways, and they have user innovation meaning those complaints your handing down to them is getting attention from them... so it can be good to say "yeah your fuel drill overheats" But once they've heard you you don't need to constantly nag about it

Now I might of been to kind to milwaukee, but I'm tired of people constantly repeating problems, all we need is just one quick complaint and "boom" done no need to write paragraphs of how we hate one single deffect some engineer put on a tool it just takes that one kind complaint and your done....

• Like 1

Brand loyalty extends to everything. You try to convince a Chevy guy to buy a Ford, I dare you.

Same goes for tools. No one likes to hear the negative stories about their favourite brand XXXX, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. While you may have had 100% success, not every one else has.

We all vent our frustrations and these forums are a great place to do it.

If I have an issue, I like that I can check to see if anyone else has them too.

You didn't make the tool, don take it personally if other people don't share your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Why? Do people who browse here for info read topics from 3 years ago? September 2015 when I got my Gen2 Fuel drill, was that my grace period for posting one post about its' issues then forever holding my peace because I'm married to the M12 and M18 systems? One complaint is easy to dismiss. A consensus of complaints is easier to trust and believe. We point out flaws and features in all the tools we have to share experiences and help each other save money and make informed decisions. These tools are expensive top-of-the-line items.

Plus, we can get some humour out of it too, which is never a bad thing.

If you want to feel good about Big Red I'll throw you a bone though:

2704: crazy lightweight for the power it packs

2753: self tap mode works well

2720: adjustable shoe, rafter hook

2731: had a rafter hook and onboard blade wrench

2755B: very light and portable, very few competitors

2763: ridiculous power

2866: awesome auto start mode

2627: belt hook

2361, 2394: who can compete with M18 lighting?

0880: great CFM

2783: tool free disc change is great.

see? I actually like this stuff. ?☀️?☀️

• Like 3

I know guys I might of been going to far but at least it changed the mood of the thread.., lol that was my main attention... :D

As I was reading I was disappointed finding that my favorite Most trustworthy brand was failing to fight back lol...  

• Like 2

All good. Do I think they are junk tools? Not a chance. Do I mind comparing them to other tools? No. 

My 2704 has some distinct advantages over my 996. It is smaller and lighter, has a separate selector collar for hammer, drill, and drive. It has a side handle that's worth a damn. It has a gear selector that works consistently. The 996 however has a superior chuck, runs cooler, to my mind, a much better light, and 3 speeds.

I suppose that's the nice way of reviewing something quickly without seeming like I'm hating on it. The other way to read that is my M18 Fuel chuck is a jacobs that isn't so great, it runs hot enough to fry an egg and the light is worthless. The 996 gearbox is finnicky and people hate it, its side handle is a plastic piece of trash, switching from drill to a low clutch setting is inconvenient and the thing weighs as much as a cinder block ?.

Still love both drills but I'd rather guys don't have to read between the lines so they can feel rosy about their favourites ?

• Like 3

All good. Do I think they are junk tools? Not a chance. Do I mind comparing them to other tools? No. 

My 2704 has some distinct advantages over my 996. It is smaller and lighter, has a separate selector collar for hammer, drill, and drive. It has a side handle that's worth a damn. It has a gear selector that works consistently. The 996 however has a superior chuck, runs cooler, to my mind, a much better light, and 3 speeds.

I suppose that's the nice way of reviewing something quickly without seeming like I'm hating on it. The other way to read that is my M18 Fuel chuck is a jacobs that isn't so great, it runs hot enough to fry an egg and the light is worthless. The 996 gearbox is finnicky and people hate it, its side handle is a plastic piece of trash, switching from drill to a low clutch setting is inconvenient and the thing weighs as much as a cinder block [emoji23].

Still love both drills but I'd rather guys don't have to read between the lines so they can feel rosy about their favourites [emoji38]

What do people dislike about the 996 gearbox? I loved the gearbox on the 995. 1250rpm was the perfect ratio of speed and torque for most of my needs

I suppose that's the nice way of reviewing something quickly without seeming like I'm hating on it. The other way to read that is my M18 Fuel chuck is a jacobs that isn't so great, it runs hot enough to fry an egg and the light is worthless. The 996 gearbox is finnicky and people hate it, its side handle is a plastic piece of trash, switching from drill to a low clutch setting is inconvenient and the thing weighs as much as a cinder block [emoji23].

Still love both drills but I'd rather guys don't have to read between the lines so they can feel rosy about their favourites [emoji38]

Love the chuck on the 996, rohms kick some
Major arse, they improved the gear selector but it's still a shit box IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I love having 3 speeds [mention=10880]BababooeyHTJ[/mention], it's a bit of a pain in the backside switching gears from 2 to 3 sometimes, you either have to switch from 2 to 1 to 3 or feather the trigger a tiny bit until it goes. 

It is doing the same on my brand new 996. Seems like I will end up using only speeds 1 and 3. It just doesn't want to go to 1 from 2. Also the battery fits a bit loosely at the back.

On 2/22/2017 at 9:20 AM, Bremon said:

Why? Do people who browse here for info read topics from 3 years ago? September 2015 when I got my Gen2 Fuel drill, was that my grace period for posting one post about its' issues then forever holding my peace because I'm married to the M12 and M18 systems? One complaint is easy to dismiss. A consensus of complaints is easier to trust and believe. We point out flaws and features in all the tools we have to share experiences and help each other save money and make informed decisions. These tools are expensive top-of-the-line items.

Plus, we can get some humour out of it too, which is never a bad thing.

If you want to feel good about Big Red I'll throw you a bone though:

2704: crazy lightweight for the power it packs

2753: self tap mode works well

2720: adjustable shoe, rafter hook

2731: had a rafter hook and onboard blade wrench

2755B: very light and portable, very few competitors

2763: ridiculous power

2866: awesome auto start mode

2627: belt hook

2361, 2394: who can compete with M18 lighting?

0880: great CFM

2783: tool free disc change is great.

see? I actually like this stuff. ?☀️?☀️

I think until  Milwaukee fixes the problem it will be an important subject...

the only reason I posted this thread was to warn people that these drills/motors have a problem. Lot of people depend on these tools to make a living.  they have left  me stuck on jobs several times.

we must complain about problems or they will never get fixed too..

I just wish i came across this thread a couple of years ago. it would have saved me lots of money and headaches.

Milwaukee put on such a great show at the store.. the marketing is top notch..but the overheating is a real buzz kill..

and nothing has changed yet..

• Like 2

On 2/23/2017 at 11:00 AM, Jronman said:

The color will be available in glow in the dark white, high vis yellow, and/or high vis orange. because functional colors.

Why only one color, Makita has a rainbow of colors, nothing today's machines can't accomplish!

1 minute ago, rought said:

I think until  Milwaukee fixes the problem it will be an important subject...

the only reason I posted this thread was to warn people that these drills/motors have a problem. Lot of people depend on these tools to make a living.  they have left  me stuck on jobs several times.

we must complain about problems or they will never get fixed too..

I just wish i came across this thread a couple of years ago. it would have saved me lots of money and headaches.

Milwaukee put on such a great show at the store.. the marketing is top notch..but the overheating is a real buzz kill..

and nothing has changed yet..

They are indeed a marketing machine first, tool company second, unfortunately

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Why only one color, Makita has a rainbow of colors, nothing today's machines can't accomplish!

They are indeed a marketing machine first, tool company second, unfortunately

It would come in of 3 color options. high vis white, yellow, and orange. Each will have glow in the dark properties to add extra function to the tool. Thing is with Milwaukee red, DeWALT yellow, Makita teal, and Bosch blue is they don't add any function. Only thing they have going for them is coolness factor and looks. 

On 2/22/2017 at 4:30 PM, AnonymousJoe said:

Based on my recent experiences Id recommend u buy 3 new ones, keep the one that works and return the other two ? U will then have a fantastic drill ?

heh, thats exactly what I did.

On 2/24/2017 at 6:27 PM, Jronman said:

It would come in of 3 color options. high vis white, yellow, and orange. Each will have glow in the dark properties to add extra function to the tool. Thing is with Milwaukee red, DeWALT yellow, Makita teal, and Bosch blue is they don't add any function. Only thing they have going for them is coolness factor and looks. 

I'm surprised a company hasn't made a transparent tool yet.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2017 at 1:20 PM, Bremon said:

I suppose that's the nice way of reviewing something quickly without seeming like I'm hating on it. The other way to read that is my M18 Fuel chuck is a jacobs that isn't so great, it runs hot enough to fry an egg and the light is worthless. The 996 gearbox is finnicky and people hate it, its side handle is a plastic piece of trash, switching from drill to a low clutch setting is inconvenient and the thing weighs as much as a cinder block ?.

Still love both drills but I'd rather guys don't have to read between the lines so they can feel rosy about their favourites ?

The new metabo Bs18LTX BL I has pretty much the best of makita/dewalt/hilti/milwaukee its got enough power to do everything you need, runs cool and has fine tune settings without BT. Only thing bad about it is its eye catching and people I work with have sticky fingers so I stopped using it on jobs, which pretty much makes it worthless now as It sits in my garage.