Power tools parts. Hope I asked in the right place.

dwfieldjr

I have a whole mess of used cordless drills. Some have broken parts such as chucks,brushes,and motor and pinions.

There is a small local parts store in town I could buy parts off of if they are ever there in the shop.

Does anyone know of a good website or online catalog even a physical catalog I could buy to get the parts I need? I'd hate to just keep looking on auction sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ereplacment parts is a big one. It's hard to pick just one because pricing and shipping can be all over the place. The only problem is repairing tools unless its something minor like brushes isn't economically worth it most of the time.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/?gclid=CKukvLDx5M8CFYuLaQodNPAPaw

So a 100 and something dollar tool with a 20.00 repair wouldn't be worth it? I'm new to this so just wondering.

If you knew it was only going to cost you 20 dollars that's fine, but unless its a hobby you could possibly get sucked down a rabbit hole of money trying to fix something.

Then if the cost was up in the 60 and 70s would you just forget about it or repair it and resell it on a auction site? Would there be any possibility of making any money that way even if it beer money? I have a dewalt 18volt hammer drill. A dc925 actually I bought it for 20.00 I'm just wondering if all I had to do is put a new motor and pinion in it or new brushes then reselling it if it works.

A lot of times either the broken part or whatever broke it already damaged something else or soon will.  It's like drying off an ice cube.  Not to mention if it's old enough to be out of warranty, the new model you'd get as a replacement is probably much better. I generally don't bother if I need to buy parts and would never go above 10% the price of the tool.  I've spent more on parts to modify working tools than to fix broken ones.