Flexvolt miter saw plus portable power supply.

Jronman

I was wondering about something if you were to have the 12 in sliding flexvolt miter saw, the power cord attachment for the saw, the portable power supply, and 4 flexvolt 2.0 batteries. Lets put 4 batteries fully charged into the portable power supply then plug the miter saw into the power supply. Would the run time be close to double of that if you instead had 2 batteries in the saw? Would the run time of 4 batteries in the saw vs 4 in the portable power supply be the same?

I would say no. You would not have double the runtime. For various reasons, but the two biggest are:

1. The power supply has electronics and a cooling fan that will consume power.

2. You ALWAYS lose power when converting from AC/DC and vice versa. You even lose usable power when charging a battery with another battery.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

I can't wait till this hits the shelves. This is a game changer for me. Awesome awesome awesome for outdoor projects. 

It is out there. bare charger/ power supply was $399 at an event I was at a month ago. When it was purchased with batteries it had one FlexVolt and 3 20volts. I can't remember the price or Ah ratings on that offer. They also had the 790 with the big miter stand for $799 as part of the deals that day.

3 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

It is out there. bare charger/ power supply was $399 at an event I was at a month ago. When it was purchased with batteries it had one FlexVolt and 3 20volts. I can't remember the price or Ah ratings on that offer. They also had the 790 with the big miter stand for $799 as part of the deals that day.

Nice! I am thinking about waiting for the sliding miter it'd be overkill for me now as I have the Lapex but being able to run my Lapex outside with no power source is pretty friggin awesome.