Milwaukee FUEL 16G Nailer - in depth review

dwain

This was great, cordless nailers take some time to get through knowing how they will work in all conditions, glad you took your time on that

...but one small thing, check the model numbers in the title of the video, they are both the same numbers 

M18CN16GS & M18CN16GS

Great review as always guys. You guys had no issues with the hammer "double tapping" due to recoil etc.? I've read/heard this gun referred to as paint grade only because the dents it leaves on trim could be deemed unacceptable. No issues with visibility with the large front ends?

• Like 2

Great review as always guys. You guys had no issues with the hammer "double tapping" due to recoil etc.? I've read/heard this gun referred to as paint grade only because the dents it leaves on trim could be deemed unacceptable. No issues with visibility with the large front ends?

I had a couple dble taps but I remeber noting at the time I was rushing. I think people need to recognize that someone's skill level may nor always be at a premium lol. And as far as the nose sight I think it's magic ! Had no issues. I was nailing primed pine and primed mdf skirting and had no marking issues. I would rather a softer rubber nose tip but I think that's a personal preference issue. The senco air gun i used has a wire safety so is worse. I reckon these guns are cheery ripe!![emoji106] (mike)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great video Mike and Dwain. I bought the Milwaukee and summarily sold it but I have the DCN660 and DCN692 and really like them a lot.  I wish Dewalt would put of a bradder in the 20v line and a 15g finisher too. As far as Milwaukee goes, just wasn't for me but great overview of the tools as always!

I would like to say great video as well. There was one issue I had though... Every time you placed your hand over the live end of the tool, towards the end of your presentation, I cringed. In any review, tool safety, in my opinion, is king, and holding on to a nail gun by the live end seems a bit disrespectful of its capacity for injury, even when not powered up. Sort of along the lines of gun safety in general.

True, and the guns looked empty, but it's the whole gun safety mentality I was taught that sticks with me on all things with the capacity to possibly injure oneself with rapidly moving projectiles. So I can understand what you are getting at JMG. I always treat something like that like it is loaded, even when my son is playing with his nerf dart gun I find myself in the same mindset when he starts looking at the business end or handles it a little carelessly! 

• Like 2

Back in '97, I took a bullet through my upper right arm from someone else' supposedly empty 9mm automatic. Nothing like two and a half years of reconstruction and recovery to narrow ones focus on safety issues.

Murphy's Law will catch you when you least expect it and mess up your day.

• Like 3