Makita impact

CATERPILLAR

surprised to see makita in the dewalt section. I would say the makita has compact going for it. The quick shift and assist features seem nice. You get customizability but without the need of a phone like one key. Dont know if milwaukee has a precision fastening mode like makita or dewalt. I like how the speeds are separate from the specialty modes. Not sure if this helped but I tried.

22 minutes ago, Jronman said:

surprised to see makita in the dewalt section. I would say the makita has compact going for it. The quick shift and assist features seem nice. You get customizability but without the need of a phone like one key. Dont know if milwaukee has a precision fastening mode like makita or dewalt. I like how the speeds are separate from the specialty modes. Not sure if this helped but I tried.

The Milwaukee does have that mode if I'm picking up what you're laying down..

The function buttons on the Makita seem quite versatile like you're explaining

If you look here http://www.homedepot.com/b/Featured-Products-Gift-Center-Makita/N-5yc1vZcf3j there is a bunch of Makita deals at HD some impact kits of $99 

if if he wants a Milwaukee there is one for $129 that has impact and flash light 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Impact-Driver-Worklight-Kit-2656-21L/207132462

5 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

The Milwaukee does have that mode if I'm picking up what you're laying down..

The function buttons on the Makita seem quite versatile like you're explaining

if milwaukee has a precision drive mode it would only be available on their one key model. Their latest impact without one key has a sheet metal mode instead of a precision drive mode. Precision drive mode is a feature that slows down rpm and lowers the ipm to make for more precise fastening to help reduce over fastening, striping of fasteners, and breakage of fasteners. Supposedly it makes flushing a screw to the wood easier.