Home Depot

BMack37

8 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I think if I were on the Makita platform I would have this set and the full size set and forget the 12v tools. Keep it down to just one battery 

Yeah I'm with you on that one. Whereas I am already invested in some Makita's, the brushless barrel grip jig, brushless sander, brushless grinder and the X2 chainsaw I think I could justify the purchase but....I've got some really nice Dewalt waiting to come out and play and if I offloaded my Bosch 12vs maybe.....but I really like my jackets :)

14 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Yeah I'm with you on that one. Whereas I am already invested in some Makita's, the brushless barrel grip jig, brushless sander, brushless grinder and the X2 chainsaw I think I could justify the purchase but....I've got some really nice Dewalt waiting to come out and play and if I offloaded my Bosch 12vs maybe.....but I really like my jackets :)

Speaking of heated jackets..... I bought this set of batteries for mine:

http://us.itselectric.ca/product_p/motionpack.htm

MotionPack-2T.jpg

.. they're so small I'll just keep the spare in the battery pocket for a backup..

Then this adapter to use with heated jackets with this type of power jack:

2.1FF-2T.gif

• Like 1

They have the new brushless micro 18v tools for Makita at my local HD. But....$229....yeeeesh. That's a lot of money for the set. Feel great in the hand though and oh so tiny.

Yea but I wasn't impressed with their performance, size is nice and feel great but for that price doesn't perform much better than my m12 fuel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Speaking of heated jackets..... I bought this set of batteries for mine:

http://us.itselectric.ca/product_p/motionpack.htm

MotionPack-2T.jpg

.. they're so small I'll just keep the spare in the battery pocket for a backup..

Then this adapter to use with heated jackets with this type of power jack:

2.1FF-2T.gif

Wow. Did you get these for the Bosch coat? I'm trying out my Bosch batteries with my Milwaukee sweatshirt tomorrow!

8 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yea but I wasn't impressed with their performance, size is nice and feel great but for that price doesn't perform much better than my m12 fuel

Yeah I hear you Jimbo, I used to have that M12 Fuel but it is a beast in size. Clearly a more powerful machine but for the assembly of cabinets and whatnots, I could really see those black beauties in my shop. Of course I just bought a Supermax 1.5hp Dust Collector with 1 micron bag so maybe dropping 2 bones on ANOTHER set of tools ain't the smartest!!!! 

• Like 1

Yeah I hear you Jimbo, I used to have that M12 Fuel but it is a beast in size. Clearly a more powerful machine but for the assembly of cabinets and whatnots, I could really see those black beauties in my shop. Of course I just bought a Supermax 1.5hp Dust Collector with 1 micron bag so maybe dropping 2 bones on ANOTHER set of tools ain't the smartest!!!! 

The drill is much smaller than the m12 fuel, impacts about the same, cabinet wise the cxt is an attractive line, I'd try to sell you mine but the drill is plagued by chuck wobble

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

The drill is much smaller than the m12 fuel, impacts about the same, cabinet wise the cxt is an attractive line, I'd try to sell you mine but the drill is plagued by chuck wobble

Wow, that's a shame. I didn't know wobble was an issue with those little guys!

4 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I think if I were on the Makita platform I would have this set and the full size set and forget the 12v tools. Keep it down to just one battery 

Not to mention they're black.  It's a shame they just updated the entire 12V line.

5 hours ago, ChrisK said:

They have the new brushless micro 18v tools for Makita at my local HD. But....$229....yeeeesh. That's a lot of money for the set. Feel great in the hand though and oh so tiny.

$229 seems reasonable.  You can't expect the price tag to be as small as the tools.  In fact looking at home depot it's on the lower end of entry level brushed kit prices despite being top of the line brushless.

I was in the depot tonight and saw this deal. It's good enough to warrant its own thread, but in the spirit of keeping this thread the home of the dept deals, I present...

Ridgid Brushless 7.25" miter saw kit for $199. 

IMG_6077.PNG

I have no idea how long it's good for, but the deal is posted on the website, so it's. not just a local store clearance. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

Not to mention they're black.  It's a shame they just updated the entire 12V line.

$229 seems reasonable.  You can't expect the price tag to be as small as the tools.  In fact looking at home depot it's on the lower end of entry level brushed kit prices despite being top of the line brushless.

Mebe....but I'm curious if there will be a price drop in November? That might put me over the edge!

4 hours ago, khariV said:

I was in the depot tonight and saw this deal. It's good enough to warrant its own thread, but in the spirit of keeping this thread the home of the dept deals, I present...

Ridgid Brushless 7.25" miter saw kit for $199. 

IMG_6077.PNG

I have no idea how long it's good for, but the deal is posted on the website, so it's. not just a local store clearance. 

Wow. That's a heck of a deal. Really nice saw and the price is still a hundred bucks cheaper than the Dewalt 20v without battery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

How much run time are you getting using these batteries in your jackets?

They should be here by the end of the week, then I'll be able to tell ya.

They are 2.7ah capacity, that should put it in perspective

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Wow. That's a heck of a deal. Really nice saw and the price is still a hundred bucks cheaper than the Dewalt 20v without battery.

I really do like Dewalt and Hitachi's saws though.

Yeah I'm with you on that one. Whereas I am already invested in some Makita's, the brushless barrel grip jig, brushless sander, brushless grinder and the X2 chainsaw I think I could justify the purchase but....I've got some really nice Dewalt waiting to come out and play and if I offloaded my Bosch 12vs maybe.....but I really like my jackets [emoji4]

Dude you can't abandon the Bosch...but if you do I bet I know someone that would be interested![emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ballen1114
    Newest Member
    Ballen1114