Home Depot

BMack37

4 minutes ago, olletsocmit said:

Wait I haven't opened the set yet. It seems like a lot of people are saying the Milwaukee kit sucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I worry about. I found Jimbo's video:

I've lost trust in Milwaukee's bits in general but that doesn't necessarily mean that this set is bad but I don't like the track record, just my thoughts. You guys have 90 days to check reviews yourselves.

• Like 1

That's what I worry about. I found Jimbo's video:

I've lost trust in Milwaukee's bits in general but that doesn't necessarily mean that this set is bad but I don't like the track record, just my thoughts. You guys have 90 days to check reviews yourselves.

Thanks I'll check the vid out now. What are you guys using instead? Paddle bits or all the other options instead?

6 hours ago, BMack37 said:

The thing I worry about is I think @JimboS1ice bought the Milwaukee hole saws last time they were on sale and had some issues.

I have this same set. Bought it 3 Black Fridays ago IIRC. Back when they were in the "Ice Hardened" phase. They've been good. Not top of the market good, but they're well worth $40. 

• Like 1

ok so after just watching about 5 dif video's it looks like regular hole saw's are just SLOW.  no matter what the brand.  the carbide ones look 10x faster but seem to really get jammed up since only 3 teeth and rough cut.  i am super confused now about what to do. 

These look like the good ones...

Wood-Boring-Hole-Saws-650x407.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, olletsocmit said:

ok so after just watching about 5 dif video's it looks like regular hole saw's are just SLOW.  no matter what the brand.  the carbide ones look 10x faster but seem to really get jammed up since only 3 teeth and rough cut.  i am super confused now about what to do. 

These look like the good ones...

Wood-Boring-Hole-Saws-650x407.jpg

That's the jist of it. Hole saws are always my last option for making a hole. Whenever I have no choice in the matter, I constantly stop and clean out the teeth with a small wire brush. 

The carbide ones last longer, but they don't cut much better in my experience. 

From what I've read those are the good ones but u pay for it. I use hole saws often enough but not everyday so I'm happy with what I got for only $40.  I don't see myself buying those big hawg hole saws but as the new diablo carbide tipped saws come out I can see myself buying those as replacements

• Like 1

I might pick those up then, I have some store credit I can use too. I only have a couple different types of paddles, might need them eventually. I've got the drill press now too. i might make some more drill PVC holder for home since they're working well at the shop. Hole saws would be better than using my jigsaw to make the handle hole. 

8 hours ago, olletsocmit said:

I just learned that the carbide kit that comes with like 5 is is $160 online...  I think i will be sticking with my $40 hole saw kit haha.

These switch blade's are amazing too!  but again over $100 for like 4 bits...

Those self feed bits require a lot of torque so I said screw therm and have been using the big hawg ones only for quite awhile.

Simply put, they spank the conventional bimetal style hole dozers! I use them all the time and they are amazing.

They are not carbide tho, but rather hardened steel, and I'll be in a desperate situation for me to use the bimetal style again...

@Conductor562 I must say in my experience they cut much better than bimetal ones. I used lenox for awhile before I found these big hawg.... Blew me away first time using them and I haven't looked back.

On 11/17/2016 at 0:13 AM, Bigmikez said:

Thanks guys! Carl I've been eyeing the mspector but just haven't pulled the trigger I've found it for around $120 used but I'm just being patient for now, I don't need it at the moment but I dooo want it though ;)

I've been thinking this over and I think the display could have much better quality and would actually much prefer the phone operated boroscope if the image quality is close to that of the phones camera itself.... I say save your money and get the inexpensive one for your phone because looks like the image quality can't be beat for the price. Ave did a video and I really like the looks of the quality

• Like 1

Wow guys this is the most chat on this thread in a while I think I'm gonna work on an in-depth holesaw thread so everyone get their input and I can try to find specs and videos on all the different types and kinds seems like a lot of people are interested in this as well??

• Like 1

1c69e82060ffb6c89319bb32099af1b6.jpg

Deal o the Day
Just in case you have any money left over from the BF sales, a Dewalt 20v string trimmer with an extra 5.0 battery and the blower thrown in for good measure is a screaming deal.

Hell of a deal there usually the blower kit is just 199

4 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

4ed54e855d19f5a49c812a7ca914b4f5.jpg

I'm pretty sure they raised the regular price for that one. I think it has been $60 for almost a year. It was a Black Friday deal last year, I think it was $50. Dan and Eric reviewed it like a month earlier too.

I'm pretty sure they raised the regular price for that one. I think it has been $60 for almost a year. It was a Black Friday deal last year, I think it was $50. Dan and Eric reviewed it like a month earlier too.

I've been watching these in Houston for 6 months. They haven't dropped a penny. Been yellow stickered forever!

fac093d8bc6f6ff7c89ab28d8b77467c.jpg Coffee deals at the HD today. That price for the OXX would be a little easier to stomach than 199. Didn't someone win one in an earlier monthly giveaway? I'd be curious to see what they thought.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kruton said:

fac093d8bc6f6ff7c89ab28d8b77467c.jpg Coffee deals at the HD today. That price for the OXX would be a little easier to stomach than 199. Didn't someone win one in an earlier monthly giveaway? I'd be curious to see what they thought.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ChrisK won one of these

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lamparina
    Newest Member
    lamparina