Computer Question/Opinion

Conductor562

13 minutes ago, DR99 said:

Yep I don't know how pc places make money doing repairs some of the shit can be so time consuming. It got better but I had computers that were so slow and so messed up it took hours to fix. You can only charge so much either its funny if a plumber says 125 an hour ok here you go. If you repair a computer can you do it for 30 bucks. I will do if for a friend, but outside of it its a huge pain. When I was right out of high school I landed a sweet job working on computers, but after the company closed I kinda lost the love for it at the same time. It's weird how if you passion becomes a job you kind of lose the love.

Ya I used to do it quite often but it became more and more of a pain, I have 3 or 4 guys that work in computer shops that bring me stuff that their techs can't or won't fix. Reason being they give it 15 minutes and just request replacement to the customer now because at a shop rate you may as well just buy new. I turn anything away more than a year and a half or older away too....not even worth the time. On the other hand I have had 13 month laptops that only need a Hard drive and are in like new shape. BUT

$50-$60 for drive, 2 -4 hours labor to install and reload and your lucky to get $150 for it cause people looking can buy brand new for just a bit more.....computers are just to mainstream now, wasn't long ago get a dead laptop that needed a screen and maybe a stick of ram put screen in for $80 clean it up and sell it in less than 2 phone calls for $600 and everyone was happy.......not now.....

I would actually prefer to have a physical problem over software. One you figure things out replacing a broken laptop screen isn't hat hard although new manufacturing ways are making it harder. Sill if its a high end 2k laptop that is still new its probably worth a fix

7 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I would actually prefer to have a physical problem over software. One you figure things out replacing a broken laptop screen isn't hat hard although new manufacturing ways are making it harder. Sill if its a high end 2k laptop that is still new its probably worth a fix

ya true that...come to think of it buddy bought a brand new laptop and an SSD I had to remove the motherboard to replace the drive.....

Thanks for all the input guys. I ordered the Lenovo last night with the 8 gb ram, quad core processor, and 2 TB hard drive. Same one linked above. 

I think it will be suitable for her limited needs. I just had no idea what I should be looking for. 

6 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

Thanks for all the input guys. I ordered the Lenovo last night with the 8 gb ram, quad core processor, and 2 TB hard drive. Same one linked above. 

I think it will be suitable for her limited needs. I just had no idea what I should be looking for. 

I'm sure she will be more than happy with that choice.........when she does have it don't hesitate to ask any questions on how to tweak it/set it up ect ect ........

• Like 1