Computer Question/Opinion

Conductor562

Try looking on Woot, the stuff is typically refurbs but there's nothing wrong with that. You'll find a lot of systems that will fit your budget for sure. I had a laptop from them and it lasted a good 6-7 years, never had any issues with it. Of course one day it just croaked, but any system can do that. You never know if they'll last 5 days or 5 years.

18 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

@comp56 Gotcha.

@DR99 Reading the comments and googling nessecery features, I got the idea that a $500 budget wasn't that realistic. If I can get something that works better for her for a little more, it's money well spent. 

Plus it'll soften the blow when I tell her I'm returning the miter saw and getting one that's twice as much ?

Man, I got a new phone last week and the f$&king auto correct is killing me!

sweet I went with the Milwaukee 6955 corded however got it at a sweet price (on sale$399) I just love it cuts square and plenty of power.....

3 minutes ago, Kato said:

Try looking on Woot, the stuff is typically refurbs but there's nothing wrong with that. You'll find a lot of systems that will fit your budget for sure. I had a laptop from them and it lasted a good 6-7 years, never had any issues with it. Of course one day it just croaked, but any system can do that. You never know if they'll last 5 days or 5 years.

I agree kinda when I'm looking for a laptop the best buy here offers a second year warranty on their open box items and much cheaper, the 4 that I looked at you would never know it was even turned on.......works for me.....saved $300 and a bonus year warranty....

I have no idea what an AIO is, but I'm gonna take your word for it [emoji38]

Don't feel bad it took me a year to figure out what op meant on here, then I texted my apprentice at work to get his ass out of bed and all I got in return was omw, for an hour I was like what the f$&k is omw!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

I would have guessed piece of shit as well. 

I still don't know what FML means or what it's proper context is. 

at one time kids used it as parent over shoulder but it is also known as piece of shit FML IS fuck my life

I would have guessed piece of shit as well. 

I still don't know what FML means or what it's proper context is. 

As in I spent all day organizing the shop and in one hour I have shit everywhere and I can't find my favorite farking screw driver FUCK MY LIFE!!! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

I was gonna swap it for the Dewalt 709, but I might just go ahead and get the 780. I need to refresh myself on the differences before I decide for sure. 

to bad look what they had on sale this morning....

1000x750_smart_fit.jpg

@Conductor562 Windows computers are kinda iffy when you buy a prebuilt machine. A cheapo one especially a laptop/tablet will probably not be very reliable or prone to more problems than a higher end computer. The cheaper computer may include "gimicky" features that may not have all the kinks worked out. Also for the price, the performance of a cheap computer can be low and the computer may have extra bloatware. Bloatware is a package of softwares and free trials that computer manufacturers will install onto a computer, and it tends to cause performance issues or make the computer prone to malware. I would suggest spending a little extra cash and getting something a bit more expensive because the performance will be better and reliability will be better.To get the most bang for your buck you should find a friend that knows how to build a computer and have them work with you to build the ideal computer for your wife for her needs. Performance will be higher per dollar than a factory built computer and it won't have bloatware.

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

@Conductor562 Windows computers are kinda iffy when you buy a prebuilt machine. A cheapo one especially a laptop/tablet will probably not be very reliable or prone to more problems than a higher end computer. The cheaper computer may include "gimicky" features that may not have all the kinks worked out. Also for the price, the performance of a cheap computer can be low and the computer may have extra bloatware. Bloatware is a package of softwares and free trials that computer manufacturers will install onto a computer, and it tends to cause performance issues or make the computer prone to malware. I would suggest spending a little extra cash and getting something a bit more expensive because the performance will be better and reliability will be better.To get the most bang for your buck you should find a friend that knows how to build a computer and have them work with you to build the ideal computer for your wife for her needs. Performance will be higher per dollar than a factory built computer and it won't have bloatware.

i agree with you for the most part, but pretty tough putting together an AIO system in house, besides with a $500 or so budget you won't get much more building it yourself after buying all the components along with COA of  OS ...many of the bloatware can be removed to stream line the system.....last system I put together for a guy rang in just under $4500 without displays.....now that is were you can split hairs....

the way they build these desktop/laptop/AIO systems so mass produced in this price range it is hard to compete, plus for the added value(if any) you will have some sort of comfort knowing if anything hardware goes wrong you pack it up and have it looked after in a simple few steps, I was building everyday computers for people for about 15 yrs but I have stopped and only do major gaming systems for people reason is even I couldn't compete. Plus I would never suggest having someone build their own or have someone build one for them when I know they know very little about them. One reason I stopped was so many people would get a system up and running and software problems would arise they would call me to fix it because I built it, but it has nothing to do with me. Computers are like everything else now buy it, use it, replace it all within a few years, it is not a major investment like it was a few years ago. buy cheap buy often.......no different with TV sets people are not keeping them for 20 years like they used to......

$500 budget for a big box store system is plenty good for an everyday computer, sure they have bloatware and out of the box can be tweaked to run far better but most if not all of that is settings and that can be done very easily with some guidance. in Fact I posted about this a couple years ago on the forum anyone need help or have questions about windows xp/ windows vista/ windows 7/ windows 8/8.1 or windows 10 I would happy to help.....

Yep I don't know how pc places make money doing repairs some of the shit can be so time consuming. It got better but I had computers that were so slow and so messed up it took hours to fix. You can only charge so much either its funny if a plumber says 125 an hour ok here you go. If you repair a computer can you do it for 30 bucks. I will do if for a friend, but outside of it its a huge pain. When I was right out of high school I landed a sweet job working on computers, but after the company closed I kinda lost the love for it at the same time. It's weird how if you passion becomes a job you kind of lose the love.