Need a cordless roto hammer

rr60

Just now, CATERPILLAR said:

I would say makita or hilti or bosch because reliability of the tools and makita has a huge 18v line up but just my 2 cents . I have seen the insides of quite a bunch of tools cleaning and repairing . I see what holds up and what doesnt 

Yes, that's why he posted in the Makita section :P

I have no experience with Makita, but those that do, said the Milwaukee 2715 is heavier hitting and quicker than either the 18v or X2.... Just putting that out there if you aren't already invested in Makita.

It also depends what you're planning on doing. I don't do a whole lot of either drilling or chipping, so I got a lighter 18v Fuel hammer and it's perfect for my needs. 

If you need someone to give you specifics on either tool, maybe someone here might know.

What's your main use for one going to be?

• Like 1

I just spazzed out and posted about recip saws, sorry .... :(

As above, I don't think Makita are at the top of the cordless rotary game at the moment. And I've heard the 18x2 is little / no better than the 18V BL.

This comparison has the 18V and the 36V, not the 18x2.

http://www.coptool.com/2015-cordless-sds-plus-rotary-hammer-challenge-bosch-dewalt-makita-metabo-milwaukee/

• Like 1

Hey,

I have the x2 makita

I really like it.  I do use the chipping function quite a bit, and from what i've researched, the x2 has more power than the single battery brushless version.

However, if I was just using it for mainly tapcom screws or such, I would opt for the brushless.  It's lighter and only 1 battery.  but I need the chipping function so x2 it was for me.

Hope that helps.

• Like 4

Thanks all.

I am to heavy in Makita with about 20 batteries 18V to consider anything else.

Something I would only use once or twice a year. From the link above it looks like the milwaukee has more power than Makita 18 x 2.

So I think I will just wait for them to come out with a brushless version  of the 18 x 2 model.

Also I need to get out of the idea that just because Makita makes a tool I have to have it.

If needed I still have a corded Bosch bulldog (could use more power) and my Hilti hammer drill.

Besides the newer brushless makita cordless hammerdrill. 

• Like 2

On 07/12/2016 at 2:30 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Yes, that's why he posted in the Makita section :P

I have no experience with Makita, but those that do, said the Milwaukee 2715 is heavier hitting and quicker than either the 18v or X2.... Just putting that out there if you aren't already invested in Makita.

It also depends what you're planning on doing. I don't do a whole lot of either drilling or chipping, so I got a lighter 18v Fuel hammer and it's perfect for my needs. 

If you need someone to give you specifics on either tool, maybe someone here might know.

What's your main use for one going to be?

The makita x2 drilling a 1inch hole will drill quicker then Milwaukee 2715 with a 5ah battery, throw a 9.0 and it will beat the x2. 2715 vibration is way less then the makita 

• Like 1

On 07/12/2016 at 2:49 PM, dwain said:

I just spazzed out and posted about recip saws, sorry .... :(

As above, I don't think Makita are at the top of the cordless rotary game at the moment. And I've heard the 18x2 is little / no better than the 18V BL.

This comparison has the 18V and the 36V, not the 18x2.

http://www.coptool.com/2015-cordless-sds-plus-rotary-hammer-challenge-bosch-dewalt-makita-metabo-milwaukee/

Makita x2 is a quick drill and specs are underrated, it's down fall is the vibrations. Milwaukee has that covered