Craigslist Scam?

Surfer (aka Nalu)

how about this scam that was going strong awhile back in Canada we have Kijiji so someone would post an ad about a brand new laptop, rifle off the specs telling in the ad that it was never used or hardly use like brand new ect ect, post a reasonable price usually way lower than it should be. then say because they were young for security will only meet in public so they would suggest Wal-mart macdonalds, so while at wal mart they would grab said laptop from shelf go sit in macdonalds until buyer showed up....get money and leave.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, comp56 said:

how about this scam that was going strong awhile back in Canada we have Kijiji so someone would post an ad about a brand new laptop, rifle off the specs telling in the ad that it was never used or hardly use like brand new ect ect, post a reasonable price usually way lower than it should be. then say because they were young for security will only meet in public so they would suggest Wal-mart macdonalds, so while at wal mart they would grab said laptop from shelf go sit in macdonalds until buyer showed up....get money and leave.......

Not saying I support it but those are some sneaky smart scumbags. I could see people falling for it.

I usually meet at a gas station just up the road. 

On 12/17/2016 at 5:43 PM, comp56 said:

Not going to lie that's kind of impressive in a sad way.

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

I posted a Festool on CL this weekend and the first response I got was almost the exact same bro. It actually appeared in my spam folder! Same idea with checks etc...

Im always skeptical when someone says to check my spam folder. Oh and what Festool item did you post on CL?

I know im late to this party but as someone who gets calls about these and people wanting reports. it is an obvious scam. whenever you see blatant misspelled words, or words like: agent, carrier, courier, speedy delivery. just don't respond. do local business. don't do payment methods with cashier checks, wire transfers, western unions. that goes for you buying something as well. once that money is in their possession it is gone. the checks they like to try and give you are bad and will not clear.

my brother even got burnt this past month selling some items. through paypal and all. he shipped some items, the guy claimed they were broken and paypal automatically refunded all the guys money. the guy then only sent back 60% of the items. the items he kept he put on ebay! paypal is garbage and I have no respect for them. they did crap to get my brothers money back.

again, only do local business in person. if you have a police station near by do it there. it will make everyone feel comfortable and less likely for something stupid to happen.