DIY TV shows may increase power tool injuries

comp56

2 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

It's definitely not for everyone. I've met a few journeyman sparkys who did nothing but run conduit in commercial spaces. Two didn't last a week. One stayed with us for years. The only thing about that guy was that he did not want any Forman type responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah like 90% of my opinions are conveyed through my favorite finger. My work environment tolerates me being an a-hole because they're all pricks too. I don't think customers would like my feedback when they tried to tell me that the customer is always right.

• Like 2

Yeah like 90% of my opinions are conveyed through my favorite finger. My work environment tolerates me being an a-hole because they're all pricks too. I don't think customers would like my feedback when they tried to tell me that the customer is always right.

Trust me I completely understand. My favorite GC has worked with us long enough that he trusts us with a lot. Around here it seems like homeowners(custom homes) let their architect/designer do whatever they want, and we'll see them just a few times throughout the build process. So we meet with the owners when we can, and with the designers as often as possible to make sure that we're up to date on what they want.
Remodels are a bit different, generally a little more customer interaction especially when the place is occupied.
But I have wanted to say a big f*** you all and quit before.
On one job in particular I asked the designer if she needed any floor receptacles in the living room. She said no. I told her to make sure because the flooring was going in the next day, and the ceiling below us would be put in the following week. A month later when the furniture arrived... floor lamps. No closer than 6 feet from the wall. I felt sick, but luckily I remembered the way the floor was framed, and I know how to measure.
But that really pissed me off. And that was just a small dilemma. The good thing is that the GC's whole crew is a bunch of pricks who like to mess with each other and have a good time, but not with the job. we all care about the work we're doing and we're not gonna do shitty work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

Trust me I completely understand. My favorite GC has worked with us long enough that he trusts us with a lot. Around here it seems like homeowners(custom homes) let their architect/designer do whatever they want, and we'll see them just a few times throughout the build process. So we meet with the owners when we can, and with the designers as often as possible to make sure that we're up to date on what they want.
Remodels are a bit different, generally a little more customer interaction especially when the place is occupied.
But I have wanted to say a big f*** you all and quit before.
On one job in particular I asked the designer if she needed any floor receptacles in the living room. She said no. I told her to make sure because the flooring was going in the next day, and the ceiling below us would be put in the following week. A month later when the furniture arrived... floor lamps. No closer than 6 feet from the wall. I felt sick, but luckily I remembered the way the floor was framed, and I know how to measure.
But that really pissed me off. And that was just a small dilemma. The good thing is that the GC's whole crew is a bunch of pricks who like to mess with each other and have a good time, but not with the job. we all care about the work we're doing and we're not gonna do shitty work.

That blows, moving plumbing can get rediculous too....

• Like 1