What Tool Gifts Are You Giving This Year?

Conductor562

As a tool junkie, I usually get nothing but tools for Christmas, but I usually give nothing but tools either. 

I picked up 4 of these for a rediculous $30 each a few months ago. My FIL got one for his birthday, I kept one (still in the box), and both my brother and my Dad are getting one for Christmas. It's one of the very few killer deals I've ever gotten at HD, but it was a good score!

IMG_6746.JPG

My BIL is a borrower. Pretty sure the only tools he has are the ones I've bought him for the past couple of Christmas' This year he's getting the Ridgid WD1640 Vac that I grabbed for $40 on Black Friday 

IMG_6747.JPG

My FIL is getting the Husky retractable air hose reel (with the flexzilla knock-off hose) for the race trailer. I think it'll be a nice addition. The current hose is always in the way.

IMG_6748.JPG

My wife's grandpa is getting a Continental water hose. The man is 84 years old. He's too old to do much anymore, but he's still anal about water hoses. 

Pretty good gifts I think, especially when you consider I've only got around $200 invested in the whole lot.

What tools are you guys giving this Christmas?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

As a tool junkie, I usually get nothing but tools for Christmas, but I usually give nothing but tools either. 

I picked up 4 of these for a rediculous $30 each a few months ago. My FIL got one for his birthday, I kept one (still in the box), and both my brother and my Dad are getting one for Christmas. It's one of the very few killer deals I've ever gotten at HD, but it was a good score!

IMG_6746.JPG

My BIL is a borrower. Pretty sure the only tools he has are the ones I've bought him for the past couple of Christmas' This year he's getting the Ridgid WD1640 Vac that I grabbed for $40 on Black Friday 

IMG_6747.JPG

My FIL is getting the Husky retractable air hose reel (with the flexzilla knock-off hose) for the race trailer. I think it'll be a nice addition. The current hose is always in the way.

IMG_6748.JPG

My wife's grandpa is getting a Continental water hose. The man is 84 years old. He's too old to do much anymore, but he's still anal about water hoses. 

Pretty good gifts I think, especially when you consider I've only got around $200 invested in the whole lot.

What tools are you guys giving this Christmas?

It's crazy I'm getting that way on hoses!!

• Like 1

Wow nice gifts for sure travis? I'm not gonna lie guys I bought my father inlaw a husky ratchet set and I feel kinda bad I wanted to get him a better set but I think these should hold him off for awhile I just wanna see if he takes care of these cus usually I'll see his tools everywhere:/ 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigmikez said:

Wow nice gifts for sure travis? I'm not gonna lie guys I bought my father inlaw a husky ratchet set and I feel kinda bad I wanted to get him a better set but I think these should hold him off for awhile I just wanna see if he takes care of these cus usually I'll see his tools everywhere:/ 

Good idea that's what I would do  ? 

• Like 1

Conveniently, I'm not married and I'm an only child so I'm probably keeping any tools I buy. My best friend from HS is like a brother to me, I generally only buy gifts for his Son but he's a little young for real tools, maybe if they lived in a house and his Dad had a garage but not in an apartment. WIth the auction, I murdered my tool budget for a few months so I guess that's my Christmas presents this year...depending on how quickly I can sell six maple top work benches.

• Like 3

I'm pretty lousy getting other people tool gifts. Only thing i can think of is getting my sister a milwaukee hand warmer to help with her Reynaulds.

Her birthday was the 16th, so we went to see her and her husband in their new (to them) house. Got her the 3ah m12 battery and a multi voltage charger with it. She already loves it...

That's about it. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Conveniently, I'm not married and I'm an only child so I'm probably keeping any tools I buy. My best friend from HS is like a brother to me, I generally only buy gifts for his Son but he's a little young for real tools, maybe if they lived in a house and his Dad had a garage but not in an apartment. WIth the auction, I murdered my tool budget for a few months so I guess that's my Christmas presents this year...depending on how quickly I can sell six maple top work benches.

I wanted to buy this set for my cousins first son sooo bad. But he's only 1!
9c744e08512d2f6dc69f1d7f9698caed.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

I wanted to buy this set for my cousins first son sooo bad. But he's only 1!
9c744e08512d2f6dc69f1d7f9698caed.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wasn't John Henry born with a hammer in his hand? It's never too early to start!

• Like 3

He's about to get a rifle actually. I'd love to get him a tool kit but with them living in an apartment it seems like a bad idea. His Dad does have a Bronco he's always working on(obviously, because it's a Ford) so maybe I'll get him a little creeper and some hand tools so he can help. I was helping my Dad in the garage by his age, actually a few years younger.

• Like 2

On December 22, 2016 at 9:05 PM, KnarlyCarl said:I'm pretty lousy getting other people tool gifts. Only thing i can think of is getting my sister a milwaukee hand warmer to help with her Reynaulds.

Her birthday was the 16th, so we went to see her and her husband in their new (to them) house. Got her the 3ah m12 battery and a multi voltage charger with it. She already loves it...

That's about it. 

I should get one of these for my girlfriend. She has Reynaulds too 

• Like 1