Dewalt 9ah

Framer joe

hummm Tool Craze is reporting the 9/3 is the same size as the 6/2.... even goes so far to say the same size cells.......

I'm kinda sure hes wrong.....  

Edited by Conductor562
Javier is a fuckhead
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, Cr8ondt said:

hummm Tool Craze is reporting the 9/3 is the same size as the 6/2.... even goes so far to say the same size cells.......

I'm kinda sure hes wrong.....  

He's a fucking asswipe and would  say anything a manufacturer asked him to say. I personally don't even give him the benefit of a view. In this case he's probably just being a whore.

I rank him right up there with Todd from TBB who gave a tool of the year award to a tool that had been completely recalled for being shitty. 

Even though it makes him look like the jackass that he is, and anyone with half a brain can see and feel that they are clearly different, I've taken the liberty of deleting the link. Nothing against you, I know you aren't familiar with the situation, I just don't care for him after the shit he pulled here.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

He's a fucking asswipe and would  say anything a manufacturer asked him to say. I personally don't even give him the benefit of a view. In this case he's probably just being a whore.

I rank him right up there with Todd from TBB who gave a tool of the year award to a tool that had been completely recalled for being shitty. 

Even though it makes him look like the jackass that he is, and anyone with half a brain can see and feel that they are clearly different, I've taken the liberty of deleting the link. Nothing against you, I know you aren't familiar with the situation, I just don't care for him after the shit he pulled here.

lol its cool, just popped up on my news feed, thought it was worth a chuckle.

34 minutes ago, DaveJr. said:

If I was in the market for a high capacity battery, I would rather have 2 6ah (12 total) for $180 rather then 1 9ah (9 total) for $200

Haha Right!!! I agree, but these are made for the guys wanting the 3ah side of them...... poor bastards that want em for the miter gotta shell out $400!

1 hour ago, Conductor562 said:

I still remember the welcome thread where he first posted and you rightly guessed the pronunciation of his name. Seemed like a cool guy. Pity it didn't turn out that way...

4 minutes ago, dwain said:

I still remember the welcome thread where he first posted and you rightly guessed the pronunciation of his name. Seemed like a cool guy. Pity it didn't turn out that way...

? I forgot about that. It's not that he went out and did his own thing, there are lots of other blogs/channels I like and/or trust, it's how he went about it. 

For those of you that don't know, Instead of taking his very brief experience with TIA and using it as a catalyst to do his own thing, he used TIA to start his own thing while doing it under the guise of it being for TIA. Dan and Eric gave him a shot to be a big part of TIA, and he quite intentionally laid the meat to them. 

That's really only part of the story, but that at least gives everyone an idea of where it started and one of the reasons why I can't stomach his slimy, arm flailing, manufacturer's tittie sucking, reviews. When you've been around the online tool community as long as we have, you know who's being honest and who's kissing ass. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Framer joe said:

New battery available at acme...dcb609.,,,$199. What's amazing is it's 180 wh as compared to Milwaukee 9ah at 162 wh .......yup yup

Dewalt is using the maximum voltage while Milwaukee is using the nominal one (20V vs 18V) as a reference point. 

In fact, you can see it by a simple calculation : 

Dewalt : 9Ah x 20 V = 180 Wh

Milwaukee : 9Ah x 18V = 162 Wh

So there is no difference in capacity between the two batteries.

• Like 1

Yep, I got bits and pieces of that drama, sucks....

Yeah the cells in the new 9/3 ah packs are the larger size, it will be slightly larger than the current flexvolt battery, it has to be right...?

Love the advance of battery tech, but I would take a slim 3.0 pack with the new cells over a fat pack with the current cells for my daily users..... That would be sweet.

• Like 2

Yep, I got bits and pieces of that drama, sucks....

Yeah the cells in the new 9/3 ah packs are the larger size, it will be slightly larger than the current flexvolt battery, it has to be right...?

Love the advance of battery tech, but I would take a slim 3.0 pack with the new cells over a fat pack with the current cells for my daily users..... That would be sweet.

I thought there was word of a slim 3.0 m18 coming out[emoji848]. Or maybe I misunderstood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 2016-12-29 at 5:16 PM, Framer joe said:

New battery available at acme...dcb609.,,,$199. What's amazing is it's 180 wh as compared to Milwaukee 9ah at 162 wh .......yup yup

That watt hour rating is based off "20v Max" voltage. It's a lie. Same reason my 2.0 batteries say 40 watt hours and a 4.0 says 80 watt hours. Typical Dewalt marketing BS, which imo is even worse than the red team "15x more runtime!" "100x strength" lol. 

• Like 3

Does anyone already know with what tool(s) this battery (20V max 6,0Ah)  will be bundled with as a kit ?

hence, we would also then know the abbreviation of battery (type)

e.g.

M2 was 2x 4,0Ah

P2 was 2x 5,0Ah

Reminder: one of worlds largest building fairs/trade show in Munich Germany as of Jan16th 2017

Dewalt (as all other major tools companies) have a big booth

I know some product managers there, maybe some "disclosed secrects"  to be heard of;

For sure the new flexvolt sds hammer will be shown !

cheers

4 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

I thought there was word of a slim 3.0 m18 coming outemoji848.png. Or maybe I misunderstood.

That's what I've heard too. I also heard it's height is shorter then the current 2ah and a 12ah battery is in the works. I've been told is height is shorter then the 9ah 

• Like 1

Dewalt is using the maximum voltage while Milwaukee is using the nominal one (20V vs 18V) as a reference point. 

In fact, you can see it by a simple calculation : 

Dewalt : 9Ah x 20 V = 180 Wh

Milwaukee : 9Ah x 18V = 162 Wh

So there is no difference in capacity between the two batteries.

Typical dewalt BS marketing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

The high capacity battery's are nice and I have 2 of the Milwaukee 9.0 but to use them on a drill, impac or a drywall gun forget. They are big bulky and heavy. They are great for my miter saw and lights. 

As for tool craze two things pop into my head. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and you don't shit were you eat. 

• Like 3

That's what I've heard too. I also heard it's height is shorter then the current 2ah and a 12ah battery is in the works. I've been told is height is shorter then the 9ah 

Yeah I could swear it was talked about when the 6.0 was announced. I know I'm not confusing it with the m12 line.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Makita_2233 said:

Holy crap 12 ah! Pretty soon we'll be strapping car batteries to our tools!

• Like 2

I notice everyone comparing the batteries between Milwaukee and DeWalt which one is this which one is that??? however if you have a power source the real question is what the tool can do with it?

I remember my racing days.............. give 5 gallons of CAM2 racing fuel to 2 people and the outcome can be very different with the same fuel

Racing Fuel= Battery

• Like 5