Dewalt 9ah

Framer joe

The high capacity battery's are nice and I have 2 of the Milwaukee 9.0 but to use them on a drill, impac or a drywall gun forget. They are big bulky and heavy. They are great for my miter saw and lights. 

As for tool craze two things pop into my head. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and you don't shit were you eat. 

I have used the 9.0 on an impact drill before, no onsite power, and ran down my other packs. It's funny how with the reduced weight of all the newer tools, a light weight impact suddenly feels like my Ridgid impact from 10 years ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

He's a fucking asswipe and would  say anything a manufacturer asked him to say. I personally don't even give him the benefit of a view. In this case he's probably just being a whore.

I rank him right up there with Todd from TBB who gave a tool of the year award to a tool that had been completely recalled for being shitty. 

Even though it makes him look like the jackass that he is, and anyone with half a brain can see and feel that they are clearly different, I've taken the liberty of deleting the link. Nothing against you, I know you aren't familiar with the situation, I just don't care for him after the shit he pulled here.

My friend Chris and I still put on Javier's pc building video for laughs! He put a goddamn $800 liquid cooled GPU in an crap case he reused, cause a new case was too expensive! [emoji23]

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

I have used the 9.0 on an impact drill before, no onsite power, and ran down my other packs. It's funny how with the reduced weight of all the newer tools, a light weight impact suddenly feels like my Ridgid impact from 10 years ago!

Someone on here said it before, don't rememder who, but the tools are getting smaller and lighter and the batteries are getting bigger and heavier!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

Yeah I keep that big boy to my SDS drill and circ saw and maybe the sawzall and lights. 

Been putting off getting a couple slim packs for the every day users, but I may wait if this recent 3ah pack news is true

43 minutes ago, DaveJr. said:

Someone on here said it before, don't rememder who, but the tools are getting smaller and lighter and the batteries are getting bigger and heavier!

Yeah, but there's still the slim packs available

14 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Ya ...I got sucked in to a Dewalt ad I read...I forgot the marketing bs...I honestly thought the new 9ah was bigger cells or something to beat Milwaukee 162wh....I am just a framer who loves tools......argh....still want it though...lol

It does use bigger cells. 20700 cells instead of 18650. They are physically bigger and have benefits but currently watt hours isn't one of them. 

• Like 2

looks my questions were overlooked with so many comments in this thread

Does anyone already know with what tool(s) this battery (20V max 6,0Ah)  will be bundled with as a kit ?

hence, we would also then know the abbreviation of battery (type)

e.g.

M2 was 2x 4,0Ah

P2 was 2x 5,0Ah

Reminder: one of worlds largest building fairs/trade show in Munich Germany as of Jan16th 2017

Dewalt (as all other major tools companies) have a big booth

I know some product managers there, maybe some "disclosed secrects"  to be heard of;

For sure the new flexvolt sds hammer will be shown !

cheers

• Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 1:08 AM, NicolasRamos said:

I thought there was word of a slim 3.0 m18 coming outemoji848.png. Or maybe I misunderstood.

I really hope they come out with some slim 3.0 M18 batteries, I have a 1.5Ah and 2.0Ah slim pack and I want more for when I have to use something a few times and not all day. The big 3.0's that came with the jig saw just make a heavy tool even heavier, I can't imagine running a 9.0 on it.

• Like 1

The high capacity battery's are nice and I have 2 of the Milwaukee 9.0 but to use them on a drill, impac or a drywall gun forget. They are big bulky and heavy. They are great for my miter saw and lights. 

As for tool craze two things pop into my head. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and you don't shit were you eat. 

Go great on an angle grinder and circ saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, midogrumpy said:

looks my questions were overlooked with so many comments in this thread

Does anyone already know with what tool(s) this battery (20V max 6,0Ah)  will be bundled with as a kit ?

hence, we would also then know the abbreviation of battery (type)

e.g.

M2 was 2x 4,0Ah

P2 was 2x 5,0Ah

Reminder: one of worlds largest building fairs/trade show in Munich Germany as of Jan16th 2017

Dewalt (as all other major tools companies) have a big booth

I know some product managers there, maybe some "disclosed secrects"  to be heard of;

For sure the new flexvolt sds hammer will be shown !

cheers

Not overlooked, my guess is nobody knows for sure.  So I guess when you see it you'll know.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jtkendall said:

I really hope they come out with some slim 3.0 M18 batteries, I have a 1.5Ah and 2.0Ah slim pack and I want more for when I have to use something a few times and not all day. The big 3.0's that came with the jig saw just make a heavy tool even heavier, I can't imagine running a 9.0 on it.

They've announced a slim 3.0Ah just not released it yet for marketing reasons.  I've never felt the need for a smaller battery on the M18 jigsaw and I don't think the 9.0 Ah would make a big difference since the tool is almost always resting on a workpiece.  Do you use a jigsaw on vertical surfaces frequently?

8 minutes ago, jeffmcmillan said:

They've announced a slim 3.0Ah just not released it yet for marketing reasons.  I've never felt the need for a smaller battery on the M18 jigsaw and I don't think the 9.0 Ah would make a big difference since the tool is almost always resting on a workpiece.  Do you use a jigsaw on vertical surfaces frequently?

No and to be honest I haven't used it that often or in a while, I just remember it feeling off when I did use it. It could have been a different reason I didn't like it, but for some reason my mind is just remembering the battery being a problem/annoyance. I'll have to pull it out and use it to see if I can remember what the issue was.