Dewalt 9ah

Framer joe

2 hours ago, Framer joe said:

hey,"bremon" sorry I don't know how to..drag,or copy or paste your name...I'm only a framer,no computer skills........in Canada,( btw my gramps lived in Nova Scotia)  they have a Dewalt 1400 jump starter,compressor thing ...you got it ? Heard of it ? It's only in Texas here...

There's 2-3 models of them I think, I've seen them in Canadian Tire a few times. @RickyMcGrath bought one and had troubles I do believe. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Man Canada is real pretty. I possibly formerly, maybe currently, was/am a Canadian citizen? Idk, it gets confusing.  Moral of the story is, USA USA USA ??????????????????????????????

The government simplified it in 2013. If you have a Canadian parent, you are Canadian.

I think Quebec City is a more friendly place than Montreal. You just have to have an interpreter because they refuse to speak English. Once you are past that though, they are super polite in my experience. Most Montrealers I've met are happy to insult you in both official languages.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bremon said:

I'm seeing DCB609-2 (twin pack of 9.0 FlexVolt) listed for $319 CAD. Seeing as 1x M18 9.0 is CAD $250 I'm pumped. Oh man can't wait to dive into more FlexVolt. No wonder Milwaukee is giving out free 9.0s in kits like candy. 

Hahahaha 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bremon said:

I'm seeing DCB609-2 (twin pack of 9.0 FlexVolt) listed for $319 CAD. Seeing as 1x M18 9.0 is CAD $250 I'm pumped. Oh man can't wait to dive into more FlexVolt. No wonder Milwaukee is giving out free 9.0s in kits like candy. 

So I think that means $219 US dollars ? For dcb609-2

1 hour ago, KnarlyCarl said:

And here I am looking for deals on the slim packs for my impacts LOL... i always seem to end up with the standard packs but i would love to cut down on the weight and size for my 18v impacts

Yeah I have 4x 2.0s for my impacts, screwgun, rotozip, etc. 5.0s for most tasks, one 9.0 for the big dogs. Looking to add 2 more 5.0 and another 9.0 and I'll be set for anything. Not much overlap of using big batteries on small tools or small ones on big tools for me, which is why FlexVolt isn't the slap in the face for me that it is for some others. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

And here I am looking for deals on the slim packs for my impacts LOL... i always seem to end up with the standard packs but i would love to cut down on the weight and size for my 18v impacts

does Milwaukee still make an m18 slim pack?

8 hours ago, Bremon said:

They make a ridiculous number of packs. Compact 1.5, 2.0. XC 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, and ripoff 6.0, and of course the big beast 9.0 lol. Not as many as Dewalt of course but a fair amount. 

Humm let's see, janky 1.3, 1.5, & 3.0, XR 2.0, 4.0, 5.0, & 6.0, and FV 2/6 and 2/9... did I miss any?

• Like 1

On 1/16/2017 at 6:36 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

I was looking at tools I might want and checking to see if they had any as kits with compact batteries, the one thing I know I could use is the M18 Multi Tool and it looks like the discontinued the CT kit. Looks like the drywall gun and the Surge are my best bet, the drywall gun being the better deal costing just $79 more as a kit for 2 2.0 compact batteries and a charger which is the same cost as one 2.0 battery by itself.

21 hours ago, Bremon said:

They make a ridiculous number of packs. Compact 1.5, 2.0. XC 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, and ripoff 6.0, and of course the big beast 9.0 lol. Not as many as Dewalt of course but a fair amount. 

I mentioned it in another thread I believe, but I hope the 6.0 starts replacing the 5.0's in kits. The 9.0 is heavy but I don't see myself paying $150 for the 6.0 when I can get a 9.0 for $50 more.

14 minutes ago, jtkendall said:

I mentioned it in another thread I believe, but I hope the 6.0 starts replacing the 5.0's in kits. The 9.0 is heavy but I don't see myself paying $150 for the 6.0 when I can get a 9.0 for $50 more.

I don't believe they will. 100 watt hours makes for a "dangerous good" for flying I believe which means additional transport costs I believe. I don't think we will see them in kits without another large price bump (like the bump from 4.0 to 5.0 in kits). 

• Like 1