Bluetooth tools turning maximum overdrive?

Woz

34 minutes ago, Woz said:

Waiting for the new bluetooth stuff to get hacked and start using themselves and shooting bits at us lol.  Could the tool companies be using this technology to record how we use and treat tools? 

any time you let anyone be included in what you do there can be problems, as kids we didn't have internet so we got away with a lot of stuff but not know, you send a dirty picture to someone the whole world can know.....

ya you bring in your drill, hmm.....what?......well on Oct 12th looks like you were drilling in concrete, this is not a hammer drill.......sorry your not covered.....

• Like 5

They always make it sound good on our part but snicker behind our backs lol. if all the brands start getting it and they can record how we use them we dont have many options on brands to choose from that dont use it 

• Like 1

any time you let anyone be included in what you do there can be problems, as kids we didn't have internet so we got away with a lot of stuff but not know, you send a dirty picture to someone the whole world can know.....

ya you bring in your drill, hmm.....what?......well on Oct 12th looks like you were drilling in concrete, this is not a hammer drill.......sorry your not covered.....

Wait... who'd you send your nudes to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On the part where you asked, could the tool companies record the way the tool was used or abused? Yes, I believe this will be added in the future, the technology is currently available on the cheap. Not saying it would be used in a negative way, but I think it could be used to help improve the tool. Especially things like, which mode was used most often, or which modes were never used.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Woz said:

Waiting for the new bluetooth stuff to get hacked and start using themselves and shooting bits at us lol.  Could the tool companies be using this technology to record how we use and treat tools? 

Don't know how I missed this. Awesome title Brian. Emilio would be proud! There is a reason why I don't have any of the Google or Amazon voice boxes! That crap listens. The CIA would be at my door in 5 if I had one of those!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Woz said:

One of the guys at work said that his Facebook app on his phone supposedly listens to conversation and has software designed to influence searches. I don't know, I don't belong to Facebook but yeesh!

Lincoln electric has a technology called checkpoint. It basically monitors how we weld. The management can pull it up on there phone an say why was the machining idling for a hour or why was the wire feed speed high or why did you only get x inches of weld from x spool of wire. It can do all sorts of stuff.

My company doesnt use it that much. When we first got it implemented on a few machines people were all happy. A few months went by an they realized it's just overboard by many standards. Perhaps in a big production shop it might help more.

One of our best welders was fired from a factory job after shown his checkpoint report. HIs though is if management came out there office an instructed him on what to do to improve it wouldn't be a issue. 

• Like 1

Don't know how I missed this. Awesome title Brian. Emilio would be proud! There is a reason why I don't have any of the Google or Amazon voice boxes! That crap listens. The CIA would be at my door in 5 if I had one of those!!

How do you think festool got in your head! All it takes is one, didn't you wonder where the voices came from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/6/2017 at 9:29 PM, NicolasRamos said:

Wait... who'd you send your nudes to...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You sent less dick pics when you had to look the little old lady who worked at the pharmacy (and lived down the street) in the eye and ask her to develop them ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, comp56 said:

truck drivers have had this kind of paper trail for years with tach cards (tachographs)

Now they got e-logs linked to GPS and accelerometers and cameras. They'll tell you who's tailgating, who's hard on brakes, swerving, speeding, who's in between the lines, likelihood that they quit, hell they can probably see if you're holding it in long enough before you pull off. Some pretty awesome stuff really. The new systems come with A.I. that determine if hard braking incidents and tailgating is the driver's fault or the other vehicles.

• Like 1