Metabo 18v Grinder Kit

ChrisK

http://www.cpometabo.com/metabo-613071520-18v-5-2-ah-cordless-lithium-ion-4-1-2-in--non-locking-angle-grinder-kit/mtbn613071520,default,pd.html

I would love to buy this because it's an insane deal. I honestly am forcing myself to not, I have the Makita and that hardly gets any use! Includes two 5.2 batteries included for $129!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

http://www.cpometabo.com/metabo-613071520-18v-5-2-ah-cordless-lithium-ion-4-1-2-in--non-locking-angle-grinder-kit/mtbn613071520,default,pd.html

I would love to buy this because it's an insane deal. I honestly am forcing myself to not, I have the Makita and that hardly gets any use! Includes two 5.2 batteries included for $129!

Chris how are the metabo tools ? Always peak my interest but never pull the trigger

12 minutes ago, SevenOddosFence said:

Chris how are the metabo tools ? Always peak my interest but never pull the trigger

Geesh dude I don't know! I have heard everything good, nothing bad but the only reason I'm not buying this is I don't have anything in their lineup though for this price you get 2-5.2s and a charger!

• Like 1

The Metabo grinder in operation is fine, runs like a champ. The telling differences between kits shows up in the fit and finish dept. In comparison to the Makita kit (not comparing operation), the Makita wins out with the case design, as well as included items. The Makita has a place fit for each item in the kit and holds each item relatively securely in place. The Metabo case has a couple of dividers in it and has a post to hold cutting and grinding wheels in place, but the wrench is just tossed into the case loose and bangs around during transport. The Metabo case also holds all items somewhat loosely and they also shift around during transport. The Makita kit gives you a grinding disk and cutting wheel to start with, the Metabo kit gives nothing extra. The seams on the Metabo are somewhat rough and the edges where it butts the grinder head are downright sharp. All edges on the Makita grinder are soft in comparison. The Metabo case is also quite flexible when not locked closed.

The price of the Metabo on clearance is well worth it from the battery standpoint alone, but I believe that the brand may not have been embraced here because the touchy feelly DIY type just did not like how the tool felt in the first ten seconds, even though you would be wearing gloves when using it. Also the original starting price point would have put many off. I bought one of these back when I started the Rump Thumpin thread and I now have three different Metabo grinders. They are all somewhat inconsistent on the finish of the grinder head housing, but all very consistent in the rough seam dept. I like the ease of adjustment of the wheel guard for each of them, but the mechanism design is also not consistent between models.

Is it worth having at this price? Absolutely... In operation it will compete, if not out perform, the rest of same size offerings from other manufacturers. It is just the lack of attention to detail of the whole finished package that they missed the boat on, but six months of hard use in will probably make that issue moot.

On a final note, the Fein tool boxes kick the shit out of everyone else for fit and finish, including overall design for a basic tool kit with stackability, not counting the systainer types.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JMG said:

The Metabo grinder in operation is fine, runs like a champ. The telling differences between kits shows up in the fit and finish dept. In comparison to the Makita kit (not comparing operation), the Makita wins out with the case design, as well as included items. The Makita has a place fit for each item in the kit and holds each item relatively securely in place. The Metabo case has a couple of dividers in it and has a post to hold cutting and grinding wheels in place, but the wrench is just tossed into the case loose and bangs around during transport. The Metabo case also holds all items somewhat loosely and they also shift around during transport. The Makita kit gives you a grinding disk and cutting wheel to start with, the Metabo kit gives nothing extra. The seams on the Metabo are somewhat rough and the edges where it butts the grinder head are downright sharp. All edges on the Makita grinder are soft in comparison. The Metabo case is also quite flexible when not locked closed.

The price of the Metabo on clearance is well worth it from the battery standpoint alone, but I believe that the brand may not have been embraced here because the touchy feelly DIY type just did not like how the tool felt in the first ten seconds, even though you would be wearing gloves when using it. Also the original starting price point would have put many off. I bought one of these back when I started the Rump Thumpin thread and I now have three different Metabo grinders. They are all somewhat inconsistent on the finish of the grinder head housing, but all very consistent in the rough seam dept. I like the ease of adjustment of the wheel guard for each of them, but the mechanism design is also not consistent between models.

Is it worth having at this price? Absolutely... In operation it will compete, if not out perform, the rest of same size offerings from other manufacturers. It is just the lack of attention to detail of the whole finished package that they missed the boat on, but six months of hard use in will probably make that issue moot.

On a final note, the Fein tool boxes kick the shit out of everyone else for fit and finish, including overall design for a basic tool kit with stackability, not counting the systainer types.

Wow! That's quite the eval bro! Yeah, I would literally jump on this in a heartbeat, 5.2ah batteries and charger are fantastic. Certainly not their newest design but this is clearly a steal. But.....to spend a $129 a redundant machine with yet another battery platform....this is killing me.

• Like 3

I remember seeing this kit I was tempted plus the %17 off but I don't want another battery I don't want another battery I want another battery I want another battery I need another battery ... gah!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimboS1ice said:

I remember seeing this kit I was tempted plus the %17 off but I don't want another battery I don't want another battery I want another battery I want another battery I need another battery ... gah!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we have a taker!!!………… I'm tempted too...