Just a bit too big

Framer joe

Obviously not their intended use, but could get you out of a jam haha. I recently bought the flexvolt grinder because I bought into the idea of having corded power.  Although I haven't really been able to test it's run time with the 2.0/6.0,  I thought I was going to upgrade to the 3.0/9.0 when it came out, but now I'm not so sure.  The first words out of anyone who picks it up at work is wow that's heavy, and that's with a 2.0/6.0.  Now after owning it I don't know if I'd want it to be much heavier or bigger.  I have a couple fuel grinder that I honestly thought I would buy some 9.0 for to get that long run time.  But after having the flexvolt I'm starting to think a m18 5.0 with a lighter more compact grinder is better for probably 75%-90% of my tasks. 

I'm going to get more 3.0/9.0 also...it is big ..but ,I believe Dewalt will increase ah this year again...for my mitre saw,table saw,future power station,sds (coming) and many more high demand tools...I'll be ready to buy ...anything to increase my company's efficiency and save time and money,while maintaining high standards...I'm all in..

My favorite is the 5.0ah...I have dozens...it feels perfect on everything,great runtime....but I'm a framer so I need the Flexvolt circ saw power ,so I'm going to run 3.0/9.0 on all Flexvolt tools and I'll upgrade when they increase the ah ......for 20v max, I have 6/6ah ...the runtime is 20% more ..really not much more and added weight and size ,sometimes gets in the way to fit in small places .......

I agree these big batteries definately have their place and it's exciting to see them evolve.  And maybe like Bremen says the weight added to the 3.0/9.0 will be weighed out by the extended runtime.  I just think grinders are a little different animal than most of the other high demand tools.  It's definately a high demand tool that will drain a battery in a hurry, but unlike your stationary tools or even the sds where the tools weight is mainly on the ground, the battery end of a grinder is supported almost entirely by the user.  In the end I'm sure it'll come down to personal preference and I'm sure now that I have the flexvolt system I'll try the 3.0/9.0 at some point.

On 1/7/2017 at 4:37 PM, Biggie said:

Obviously not their intended use, but could get you out of a jam haha. I recently bought the flexvolt grinder because I bought into the idea of having corded power.  Although I haven't really been able to test it's run time with the 2.0/6.0,  I thought I was going to upgrade to the 3.0/9.0 when it came out, but now I'm not so sure.  The first words out of anyone who picks it up at work is wow that's heavy, and that's with a 2.0/6.0.  Now after owning it I don't know if I'd want it to be much heavier or bigger.  I have a couple fuel grinder that I honestly thought I would buy some 9.0 for to get that long run time.  But after having the flexvolt I'm starting to think a m18 5.0 with a lighter more compact grinder is better for probably 75%-90% of my tasks. 

Agreed. I think if i made my money grinding/cutting a lot it would pay to buy the portability and power of the Flexvolt grinder..

As it is, being in the milwaukee line, it does all the work i need it to do, and I really appreciate not having a cord on it...

• Like 2