Homemade feather boards

SetBuilder

23 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Looks like a throwaway tool haha, but if it works, then no one will be the wiser and it doesn't look special enough for someone to take off with it..

What do you think of the featherpro boards?

\.

I haven't tried them so can't say but I've got a set of Bench Dog ones I like quite a lot.

The plywood one I made stopped a 2x6 dead in its tracks on a kick back when it bound up.  But I mainly use them for small pieces when I do not want to get my fingers close to the blade.  The other day I was cutting quarter round to make shoe molding out of it, basically taking the thickness of the blade off of it, NO way was I getting my fingers that close to the blade. 

We have about 8 saw stops, but I do not trust them as they are so poorly maintained. 

Here is one that spent the night out in the rain...

IMG_5011.JPG

1 minute ago, SetBuilder said:

The plywood one I made stopped a 2x6 dead in its tracks on a kick back when it bound up.  But I mainly use them for small pieces when I do not want to get my fingers close to the blade.  The other day I was cutting quarter round to make shoe molding out of it, basically taking the thickness of the blade off of it, NO way was I getting my fingers that close to the blade. 

We had about 8 saw stops, but I do not trust them as they are so poorly maintained. 

IMG_5011.JPG

Now thats just sickening, talk about neglecting a tool...

Just now, JimboS1ice said:

Now thats just sickening, talk about neglecting a tool...

Yup, that and a dewalt miter saw were left on a truck in the lot. They did not even have to unload it, all they had to do was park the truck inside. The shop is about 60,000 sqft with 3 huge roll up doors.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2017 at 11:28 PM, SetBuilder said:

We have about 8 saw stops, but I do not trust them as they are so poorly maintained. 

IMG_5011.JPG

This makes me sad.  Here sawstop, sawstop - I'll take care of you - park you inside where you'll never get rained on again :D