Harbor Freight stock

Foneguy

I went to purchase another 60" hardwood workbench. I already have two and a third would be a great addition, especially for the price. (Under $130)

i bought the last one anywhere near me, and I asked the manager what's up, because a different manager said national back order.

Truth or lie, either way it didn't really matter......This is what he told me ......... 

3 freighters left China, only 1 made it to America before the shipping company went bankrupt, and the other 2 are just floating around waiting for another company to buy the failed

company and pay the port and unloading fees. 

It is not the first time I have heard this, but never paid much attention, just curious.... Is this a real thing ?

• Like 3

First off....that's a friggin steal for a hardwood bench. Secondly, I just watched a special on this very issue. Absolutely amazing stuff, it's hard to believe this happens quite regularly. Worst off are the poor crewmen on the vessels. No pay and in some cases they cannot make port because of the shipping company having gone defunct!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisK said:

First off....that's a friggin steal for a hardwood bench. Secondly, I just watched a special on this very issue. Absolutely amazing stuff, it's hard to believe this happens quite regularly. Worst off are the poor crewmen on the vessels. No pay and in some cases they cannot make port because of the shipping company having gone defunct!

That's exactly what I said to the manager, " so these poor guys just float around rationing food and trying to figure out what happens next"...... this ain't no Caribbean cruise !!!

• Like 1

Just now, ChrisK said:

And this is why a TIA topic goes south. So quickly...so quickly....

South and beyond !!!!!!! 

I do believe you may have circumnavigated the globe with this post 

31 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Same thing happened when the union decided to throw a tantrum and shut down all the whole west coast ports. Ton of boats were just sitting anchored off the coast. Really screwed everyone over.

A union up here threatened to shut down school operations and it caused quite a ruckus with all of the towns and the State for several weeks. Thankfully they backed off but man, that would have been a headache for us and small potatos compared to what you just said.

2 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

A union up here threatened to shut down school operations and it caused quite a ruckus with all of the towns and the State for several weeks. Thankfully they backed off but man, that would have been a headache for us and small potatos compared to what you just said.

Yeah lowered the US's GDP by over a percent and permanently damaged the Alfalfa and Milk markets as China just turned around and got new suppliers.

4 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Same thing happened when the union decided to throw a tantrum and shut down all the whole west coast ports. Ton of boats were just sitting anchored off the coast. Really screwed everyone over.

I had a promo item coming from AC Delco that got caught up in that port strike and never did make it. Some poor Deckhand probably had to eat the son of a bitch. I mean, if you had to eat a tool, you wouldn't want to eat one from Harbor Freight ?

• Like 4