Cool tool mat

HiltiWpg

He didn't invent it, it was a product that already existed and he just adapted it to his purpose. They've had grip sheets and grip trays for years for cell phones. I have one that came with my Zune, and that's about 15 years old or older. Plus his tool tray takes all the fun out of looking for a place to put a tool, only to have it fall off and roll under what you're working on.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy getting down on all fours with a flashlight for a half-hour looking for that socket that just rolled under the truck, only to find it 10 minutes later 40 feet from where I'm working.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kato said:

He didn't invent it, it was a product that already existed and he just adapted it to his purpose. They've had grip sheets and grip trays for years for cell phones. I have one that came with my Zune, and that's about 15 years old or older. Plus his tool tray takes all the fun out of looking for a place to put a tool, only to have it fall off and roll under what you're working on.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy getting down on all fours with a flashlight for a half-hour looking for that socket that just rolled under the truck, only to find it 10 minutes later 40 feet from where I'm working.

just like the pin, some guy came along and put a head on it....

• Like 2

Having been an aircraft mechanic for a long time, I would have loved to have had one! People get upset when you scratch the paint on their aircraft and there are not many flat surfaces (or apprentices) to be taken advantage of. Not to mention that I get upset dropping tools or going back and forth from my tool box to swap them out. I would definitely get one if I was still in the business.

• Like 1

just like the pin, some guy came along and put a head on it....

You know that is not a bad idea to put a flange on the end of a socket to make it roll in a circle. I believe everyone has been victim to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tcoscarelli said:

You know that is not a bad idea to put a flange on the end of a socket to make it roll in a circle. I believe everyone has been victim to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could do raised lip with knurling so you could grip it a little better when twisting by hand too.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

You could do raised lip with knurling so you could grip it a little better when twisting by hand too.

I think we need to group fund our own line of TIA tools. They would be sweet. 

• Like 3

On 1/11/2017 at 0:19 PM, tcoscarelli said:

I think we need to group fund our own line of TIA tools. They would be sweet. 

agreed could be a 10,000 lumen  briefcase with 3,000 ft/lbs of torque and a bottle opener... in red of course

also would have a compressor for when your grinder goes flat.

3 hours ago, Jronman said:

agreed could be a 10,000 lumen  briefcase with 3,000 ft/lbs of torque and a bottle opener... in red of course

also would have a compressor for when your grinder goes flat.

Needs a generator to recharge your batteries. Also, of course it has to have bluetooth.