Makita xdt04 impact

CATERPILLAR

27 minutes ago, kornomaniac said:

Hello ! Units like these do not contain oil. There is some grease in there and when run very hot/hard the grease can ( sorry for my crappy English. Not sure if this is right. ) Give off abit of oil.

But that's nothing to worry about :)

Oh damn sorry it looks like oil when it starts to go out of the mold . what kind of grease ya think 

i have opened my cordless impacts open from 1/4" drivers to compact wrench and even the big 1/2" wrench. all mine had a somewhat generous coating of what looked like white lithium grease. before i put them back together, i resprayed the metal to metal contacts with liquid wrench white lithium grease. i prolly didn't need to but grease is cheap and its not going to hurt it if you add more.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, x1xkodiakx1x said:

i have opened my cordless impacts open from 1/4" drivers to compact wrench and even the big 1/2" wrench. all mine had a somewhat generous coating of what looked like white lithium grease. before i put them back together, i resprayed the metal to metal contacts with liquid wrench white lithium grease. i prolly didn't need to but grease is cheap and its not going to hurt it if you add more.

Thanks ;) 

On 1/10/2017 at 3:41 PM, x1xkodiakx1x said:

could I submerge my impact in grease overnight?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jronman said:

could I submerge my impact in grease overnight?

like caterpillar posted. i wouldn't either. you only need to re-add grease if you inspect and notice wear and tear, or for instance your impact driver/wrench is out of warranty and you need to lets say need to put a new anvil on, then you definitely want to add a glob on anything that is metal to metal contact to prolong the longevity of the part.

if you really wanted to submerge the impact overnight, i wouldn't use regular grease, non conductive would be the way to go but its still not a good idea. 

3 hours ago, x1xkodiakx1x said:

like caterpillar posted. i wouldn't either. you only need to re-add grease if you inspect and notice wear and tear, or for instance your impact driver/wrench is out of warranty and you need to lets say need to put a new anvil on, then you definitely want to add a glob on anything that is metal to metal contact to prolong the longevity of the part.

if you really wanted to submerge the impact overnight, i wouldn't use regular grease, non conductive would be the way to go but its still not a good idea. 

Hes just kidding lol ??? imagen all the stuff that would get stuck to it including your hands 

• Like 1