Pencil Pull holder

Milwaukee_man_stan

Well a week ago I saw some of these pencil pull holders at my local HD for 2 bucks I bought 10 of them

null 3-1/2 in. Pencil Pull Holder in Black

FROM HD's Site... Once you try C.H. Hanson's Retractable Pencil Pull, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. This retractable pencil holder clips onto your belt, pocket, or shirt, granting you quick access to a pencil whenever you need it. This holder isn't restricted to use pencils, but lumber crayons, paint crayons, carpenter pencils, markers and more fit easily into the holder.

After buying, almost all of them broke due to their tiny endurable string. I took them all back and built one out of a key chain retractable and this to was difficult, due to tight tension on the chain and the exit spot.

So I have been looking for a new way to hold and easily get my pencil while it still retracts back to the same spot, any ideas?

I know that C.H Hanson makes other pencil pullers but hesitant to buy after my experience with them, my next buy maybe

94b7b555-87c0-4dc7-91e8-5d6434a089ea_145.jpgTheir magnetic one.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Foneguy said:

I have the magnet style, works pretty good..... a lot of the time I go "old school" and just behind the ear or teeth

behind the teeth I'd like to see......dentures maybe...lol

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jeffmcmillan said:

I think the best solution is to keep enough pencils that one is always within reach.  It's pretty cheap too.

Yes, and I do, the only problem is keeping them around when you really need them.

If I'm hanging a piece of sheetrock By Myself I can't put the whole thing down to go get one I always need one in an easy to reach way.

You could try making a retractable pencil holder out of a spool badge holder. They're a lot lighter weight and have an easier draw than a keychain since they only have to hold a badge. I got one on amazon for like $5 and it's held up fine so far, but then again I don't beat it up too badly. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, khariV said:

You could try making a retractable pencil holder out of a spool badge holder. They're a lot lighter weight and have an easier draw than a keychain since they only have to hold a badge. I got one on amazon for like $5 and it's held up fine so far, but then again I don't beat it up too badly. 

Menards has something like that, called keybak, i picked up a few but only used the one so far

• Like 1

3 hours ago, khariV said:

I did this but still not very durable that's why I used the key chain puller.