Porter Cable PXRA2676 Multi Surface Restoration Tool

BMack37

4 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Not me but I'm actually looking to purchase one this spring. Stuart did a pretty cool write up on this a few weeks ago over at Toolguyd.

• Like 1

I was looking at the Ridgid corded belt sander but this, at $30 cheaper might be a better buy but...man it seems like a weird design. Obviously the wheels won't last as long as a belt because of surface area. Seems like they're decently priced though, at least on Amazon.

Coincidentally I would have to pay out of pocket about the same amount(maybe less with Lowe's coupon) because of gift cards. BUT if I buy this then I can use the $100 HD gift card to buy something red!

Way to go SBD.... good initiative, bad judgment. Porter-Cable is truly marketed fkr the DIY crowd. Having worked in a home improvement store, I have dealt with many of project problems concerning any form of sanding and improper use of the tool. I foresee many people buying this tool and wearing grooves and low spots in the material because they are either too aggressive or let it sit in one spot too long.

A belt sander is just as aggressive but at least it wont leave low spots.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Wally13 said:

Way to go SBD.... good initiative, bad judgment. Porter-Cable is truly marketed fkr the DIY crowd. Having worked in a home improvement store, I have dealt with many of project problems concerning any form of sanding and improper use of the tool. I foresee many people buying this tool and wearing grooves and low spots in the material because they are either too aggressive or let it sit in one spot too long.

A belt sander is just as aggressive but at least it wont leave low spots.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That's one of my worries, it seems rather easy to do with this tool...especially if it's a little unwieldy because of the small contact point.

Part of me looks at all the positive reviews and I think go for it. Then I get that feeling that it would be like sanding a wood block with a rotary tool.

• Like 1