Got the answer to this one?

tpamatmat

I have been itching to pick up Millwaukee's new M18 Fuel Super Hawg. Were tool guys, right. So the first thing I do is check out the specs, figured the peak torque for this beast would be in the ft*lbs rather than in*lbs range. Millwaukee lists their M18 Fuel hammer drill at 1,200 in*lbs and their M18 Fuel impact at 1,800 in*lbs. So what do you think they list for the Hawg...they don't? Nothing. Nada. Scoured the web and I can't find a peak torque spec anywhere? What gives?

Don't get me wrong I have played around with this thing and it has more than enough torque. Just curious what it is.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tpamatmat said:

I have been itching to pick up Millwaukee's new M18 Fuel Super Hawg. Were tool guys, right. So the first thing I do is check out the specs, figured the peak torque for this beast would be in the ft*lbs rather than in*lbs range. Millwaukee lists their M18 Fuel hammer drill at 1,200 in*lbs and their M18 Fuel impact at 1,800 in*lbs. So what do you think they list for the Hawg...they don't? Nothing. Nada. Scoured the web and I can't find a peak torque spec anywhere? What gives?

Don't get me wrong I have played around with this thing and it has more than enough torque. Just curious what it is.

Based on the videos I've seen it's in Miles-lbs.

• Like 4

They don't list it on either Hawg. You can believe you're well out of the inch-lb spec war though lol. DeBeast doesn't list torque either. Would be interesting to see. You can tell by the size of the gear boxes and that the max rpm are way down that torque is way up lol. They don't have the 2wd the normal drills have lol just 4 hi and 4 lo. 

17 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Based on the videos I've seen it's in Miles-lbs.

I know, right. Millwaukee loves to boast about their Fuel torque specs, seems they would be shouting from the roof tops about this one. Weird.

No specs on the corded version either.

• Like 2

I know, right. Millwaukee loves to boast about their Fuel torque specs, seems they would be shouting from the roof tops about this one. Weird.

No specs on the corded version either.

Probably gain a lot of torque through gearing maybe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use to sell Milwaukee and don't get me wrong I love Milwaukee but they can't touch Kobalt's New 24 v Brushless power tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, KobaltFan1 said:

I use to sell Milwaukee and don't get me wrong I love Milwaukee but they can't touch Kobalt's New 24 v Brushless power tools.

Kobalt doesn't have a hawg, that's what this thread is about....

• Like 4

11 hours ago, KobaltFan1 said:

Are some kind of Kobalt shill or something? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, M80 said:

28 minutes ago, comp56 said:

that would be 95 Newton Meters if anyone was wondering

so from 95 NM=

70.068404184 FT lbs or 840 in lbs

Damn...you guys are good :)

Impressive spec, I wonder why they don't publish that in the states?

11 minutes ago, tpamatmat said:

Damn...you guys are good :)

Impressive spec, I wonder why they don't publish that in the states?

Hate to quote myself, but it was a quick reply with the assumption that of course it would be more than their Fuel hammer drill. But after reading Jimbo's quote I just realized it is less? Possibly because it is continuous torque vs. peak torque?

15 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

So technically speaking the hawg is weaker in torque than the 2704 which would explain the release of the super hawg, but form factor allows you to be more ballsy with a hawg

That link is for the super hawg, not the regular hole hawg

New kobalt stuff is cool but I'd like to see it go head to head with the 2704 to back up that claim, send a kobalt drill my way I'll do a video lol

4 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

So technically speaking the hawg is weaker in torque than the 2704 which would explain the release of the super hawg, but form factor allows you to be more ballsy with a hawg

I bet that's the clutch torque

Realistically you never get that 1000in-lb out of one of the drills because it's the hard torque when it's stalled.  The break your wrist but not actually drive anything torque.

• Like 2