My new "Shop"

Jronman

Cleaned out my closet twice and now have a place for my tools Not really a useable shop but it stores all my power tools. Most of my hand tools stay in my vehicle.

Here's my flexvolt miter saw and the bottom shelves. The whole basement of my house used to be that color of shiplap haha. Got my manuals and use up stuff(screws, tape, drywall filler etc.) not sure what they would be called on bottom shelf. Second to bottom is hand tools. third to bottom is clamps and my ds130 boxes.

miter saw and bottom shelves.JPG

Here's the top 2 shelves. The top shelf has my tool bags and ds130 filled with tools. Second to top has another tool bag and some misc batteries and accessories for my tools.

top shelf.JPG

Here's my work kit. Stuff I take to work every day I work. Everything fits in the ds130. It houses some drywall screws (not shown), hearing protection (not shown), large torxs bit (maybe a t40, not shown), framing and finish pencils (not shown), my tape, mini pry, dual blade utility knife, right angle attachment, dcd996 with 2.0 bat, dcf887 with 2.0 bat, drill bit set, flextorq screw bit set, fast charger, and side handle (sometimes don't take it to work).

work kit.jpg

Here's what is typically stored on my second to top shelf. in the bag houses the planer, planner wrench, and blade instal guide. Outside the bag is my dustbag from the 790 saw, dual charger from the 790, 2 flexvolt 6.0 bats from the saw, and the edge guide for the planer. The boxes from my ds130 are stored on the shelf below.

planer and misc.JPG

Here is my flexvolt recip bag. got my recip, 3 flexvolt 6.0 bats, a basic lenox demo blade kit (and the dewalt blade that came with the saw, carrying case for the blades, and fast charger.

recip saw.jpg

Here's my last picture of what I store in my closet shop. My multitool. I keep the charger, the case, the 2 blades, various wrenches, guide, blade adapter for blades that don't work with dewalt's blade system, sanding pad which uses a velcro like system to attach sandpaper, and a selection of 60, 120, and 240 grits of sandpaper. The 2.0 battery I use with my work kit.

multitool.JPG

I hope you guys enjoyed looking at my closet shop. Sounds strange to say closet shop haha. Its not all yellow, the battery caps are red haha.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Milwaukee_man_stan said:

Looks great, you sure do have a lot of yellow? do you have any red?

I'm fairly new to the construction trade so I'm sticking with one brand for now. I was given money specifically for a DeWALT set a year and a half back and I figured I would stick with DeWALT for now. As for red I have no True red. I only have some cheap tools from Menards that are red but not True red. Might get a Milwaukee tape measure when my current one needs replaced. They are very nice.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jronman said:

I'm fairly new to the construction trade so I'm sticking with one brand for now. I was given money specifically for a DeWALT set a year and a half back and I figured I would stick with DeWALT for now. As for red I have no True red. I only have some cheap tools from Menards that are red but not True red. Might get a Milwaukee tape measure when my current one needs replaced. They are very nice.

All brand jagging and fanboyness Dewalt makes some awesome tools, their new impact and drills are top notch, just not a fan of their mentality of lets make our users buy into another line up

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jronman said:

Good call, I know what you mean..

nice looking stuff, now let's see you get them dirty!!! :D

3 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

All brand jagging and fanboyness Dewalt makes some awesome tools, their new impact and drills are top notch, just not a fan of their mentality of lets make our users buy into another line up

For my particular situation as being new to the trade buying flexvolt was a no brainer because I only had an entry level drill and impact with 2 1.5 bats. It wasn't like I had many 20v bats to use on 60v tools. I could see where your getting though. The veteran in the trades may have more 20v bats than a new guy.

23 hours ago, Jronman said:

I understand, :) those Dewalt's do have some good tools.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:51 AM, Jronman said:

Although I'm not invested in Dewalt, what I see in your pictures makes me happy. Giving your tools a dedicated place in your home, arranging them nicely for pictures and starting a thread to show them tells me you're glad (maybe proud) to have them.

Treat them well and they should do the same for you. Good job...

• 3 weeks later...

We do whatever jobs my boss gets. whether is building a custom house to odd jobs to remodels. We sub out plumbing and electrical. Some other things we may sub out if the job is large enough or something we don't have the tools/skills/know-how to do them. Most small jobs we wont sub much out. Last Friday I was looking through/throwing out boxes full of old papers from past projects like receipts, plans, order forms, etc. for a particular order for a patio door. I think the oldest box I looked through was from the early 90's. My boss has been in the biz for quite awhile. He has done something like 200 custom homes. including some high end ones. He is a bit old school I guess you could say cause he tends to be a pack-rat, will talk your ear off, and doesn't see the need to have a tool trailer or a spray room. A couple guys in the crew are hopefully gonna take over the first of the year in 2018. We will see though. He has said he is gonna get out of it for quite some time, I have heard, yet hasn't retired yet. This time sounds the most promising. The guys taking over are going to make a few changes. Not sure about all of the changes but hopefully for the better.