Knipex plier wrench set 125

WeldfabNeil

Hmmm, I struggle to buy any of those things. I had a pair of the pliers wrenches and used them like once before they were reappropriated by someone in need of more emphatamines. I just don't see where they would be more useful than an open end wrench or the cobras more useful than channel locks.

27 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Hmmm, I struggle to buy any of those things. I had a pair of the pliers wrenches and used them like once before they were reappropriated by someone in need of more emphatamines. I just don't see where they would be more useful than an open end wrench or the cobras more useful than channel locks.

It's ok, we each have our own struggles....heheheh

I imagine the pliers wrench wouldn't be too useful in your work. In mine, however, indispensable

18 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

That sucks someone else needed them more.

I thought it was almost a gimmick untill I got my first pair of plier wrenches, last week. The week before or so I bought some other knipex tools an liked them as well. 

To me plier wrenches are one of those tools that aren't needed but it's nice to have. It's more of a convience thing depending upon what job your doing. I don't think they will ever replace a open end wrench or adjustable wrench. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fletcher94 said:

That sucks someone else needed them more.

I thought it was almost a gimmick untill I got my first pair of plier wrenches, last week. The week before or so I bought some other knipex tools an liked them as well. 

To me plier wrenches are one of those tools that aren't needed but it's nice to have. It's more of a convience thing depending upon what job your doing. I don't think they will ever replace a open end wrench or adjustable wrench. 

I haven't touched an adjustable wrench since getting mine. Different applications though...

Nuts and bolts for auto/diesel/ag i would imagine an open end wrench would be advantageous.

For my plumbing applications, and mechanical trades, I use pliers wrench and pipe wrenches while my adjustables gather dust.... For smaller nuts and bolts, i use open end wrenches, but generally, the pliers wrench covers my needs the rest of the time

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I could spend some money here: http://www.grizzly.com/search?q=(knipex)

Trying to think if I want doubles of anything

Thanks a lot Brian...guess I better grab some that I was going to buy anyways before they clear them entirely out of stock, killer prices too

30 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I haven't touched an adjustable wrench since getting mine. Different applications though...

Nuts and bolts for auto/diesel/ag i would imagine an open end wrench would be advantageous.

For my plumbing applications, and mechanical trades, I use pliers wrench and pipe wrenches while my adjustables gather dust.... For smaller nuts and bolts, i use open end wrenches, but generally, the pliers wrench covers my needs the rest of the time

Yeah the only time I grab an adjustable wrench is when it's over an 1 1/4" or I might need to use the wrench as a hammer.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ropeaccessnut
    Newest Member
    Ropeaccessnut