3/4 Drive socket set recommendations?

Stercorarius

You probably won't find a better quality-price ratio on a 3/4" set than Williams. Their imported 3/4" impact sets are a sweet deal too.

Here's a set on Amazon for $255 shipped 

https://www.amazon.com/Williams-33901-21-Piece-4-Inch-Socket/dp/B002LCRB98

• Like 1

I own a Proto 3/4" drive 42 piece set that I bought barely used for 750. Its a great set but over your budget. 

I don't personally own Williams 3/4 stuff but have used some at work. They work just fine. 

Stay away from Pittsburg I had there 3/4 stuff at first. Multiple sockets cracked an brakear bar head snapped. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fletcher94 said:

I own a Proto 3/4" drive 42 piece set that I bought barely used for 750. Its a great set but over your budget. 

I don't personally own Williams 3/4 stuff but have used some at work. They work just fine. 

Stay away from Pittsburg I had there 3/4 stuff at first. Multiple sockets cracked an brakear bar head snapped. 

It seems they only have "Pittsburgh" and not a "Pittsburgh Pro" set, I hear nothing but good over the Pittsburgh Pro sockets(specifically the Impact sockets)...even then for 3/4" drive I'd be apprehensive using them, that's an injury waiting to happen.

On 1/20/2017 at 9:10 AM, BMack37 said:

It seems they only have "Pittsburgh" and not a "Pittsburgh Pro" set, I hear nothing but good over the Pittsburgh Pro sockets(specifically the Impact sockets)...even then for 3/4" drive I'd be apprehensive using them, that's an injury waiting to happen.

For stuff like impact sockets I would go with a reputable brand. I have seen a 1" drive no name socket explode an it was pretty scary. No one got hurt but could of easily been hurt. 

I know it can happen with any brand but I think it's less likely to happen with quality tools. How it's beeing used is a big factor as well. 

• Like 1

We use a bunch of non impact 12 point 3/4 drive stuff at work on the big one inch guns at work. No fatalities yet. They did buy the shop guys a couple sunex kits that it doesn't seem they much care to use. I did crack a 3/4 drive John Deere socket with my Dewalt impact...... After hacking it apart with a grinder for use as an impeller spanner. It naturally split in the corners of the cuts. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a wright 3/4 sae and metric at my local pawn shop for $100. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it as I don't need anything this big sae is up to 2" and mm is up to 65mm and ratchet is at least 2ft long and it is all so heavy. I would recommend wright any day I love they're tools they are good quality usa made. I also got a snap on 3/4 ratchet and bar new logo and love it but can't use it I paid $100 for it also. Look around to getting a used usa set best bargains around as they are plentiful and not a big market for them just not much want for them.I thought about selling my stuff but shipping would be high as it's all very heavy.

20170121_160306.jpg

20170121_160326.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DerekTheToolGuy said:

I just got a wright 3/4 sae and metric at my local pawn shop for $100. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it as I don't need anything this big sae is up to 2" and mm is up to 65mm and ratchet is at least 2ft long and it is all so heavy. I would recommend wright any day I love they're tools they are good quality usa made. I also got a snap on 3/4 ratchet and bar new logo and love it but can't use it I paid $100 for it also. Look around to getting a used usa set best bargains around as they are plentiful and not a big market for them just not much want for them.I thought about selling my stuff but shipping would be high as it's all very heavy.

Awesome score!

Thanks yeah soon as I seen it all I snatched it up also bought a 100ish piece Bluepoint 3/8 ,1/4 ,wrench sae and metric set for $100 when I was there the set retailed for $514 from snap on. I love the wright 3/4 set the sockets are like new I just don't know what I'm going to do with the stuff I already got the 24" 1/2 soft grip snap on and breaker bar and they serve my needs for heavier work like suspension work. 3/4 is just way to big for auto repair about the only 3/4 socket I could use is the 32mm for axle nuts.. The snap on 3/4 ratchet I bought just to have to go with my other snap on ratchets and I have a 3/4 to 1/2 reducer but doubt I'll even use it.

I offered the wright set to my mother in law as she has a farm but she already has the HF set and is a woman and don't know about wright I would sell them but shipping would be to high plus I really like wright and have other wright tools would love to get one of the new contoured handle ratchets but I already have a ton of truck brand ratchets. I might get one of the matco rebranded versions to try. Even without using the wright set I would still recommend it to anyone as it is super heav,strong and just built well over all.

• Like 2

Man, you scored big time on that Wright set. I got a brand new Proto set a couple years back for $150 from an MSC Salesman who had quit his job.

when you find 3/4" stuff in the wild it's usually either fire sale cheap or fucking outta this world expensive.

Nice score!