World of Concrete 2017

KnarlyCarl

Not only is the motor pretty clearly positioned like a sidewinder, but they call it a "Rear handle circular saw."  I'm disappointed

I recall that quite a few of the non-skil worm drives are actually hypoid saws now.  Maybe because the cost of sintering fancy shaped hypoid gears is comparable to a cheap worm and spur setup now.

Interesting, a sidewinder with a worm drive handle configuration. Hopefully a sub shows up with one so I can take it for a spin :)

4 hours ago, Logan said:

Looks pretty cool 

I would love to go to WOC they awesome have some cool stuff

I know, right. WOC and STAFDA...two shows on my bucket list. And in Sin City to boot, match made in heaven if you ask me.

7 hours ago, james10million said:

Love seeing Metabo's range of concrete working tools. That 9" cordless core hole drill was insane!

Kind Regards

James Mason - Our Build.

www.renovationjunkies.com.au

www.ourbuildhandyman.com.au

Yes it was!!

I have never seen that type of core drilling, even in the rental places around here. Probably proprietary...??

Dan did a periscope of it, thought it was so cool

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

OMG DEWALT, THAT SAW... MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! Give me the blade left treatment I deserve!!! 

Also worth noting that this is the first time I've actually wanted a Makita tool. 

My only issue with it is that it is just a sidewinder with a worm drive handle. That being said I still want it because the two batteries are in that handle in front of your hand instead of below your hand so it probably has the familiar mag 77 feel.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

My only issue with it is that it is just a sidewinder with a worm drive handle. That being said I still want it because the two batteries are in that handle in front of your hand instead of below your hand so it probably has the familiar mag 77 feel.

I don't think they can reproduce the torque at the RPM's necessary to make worm drive a cordless tool without it weighing 20lbs. If it were that simple I'm sure it would have been done by now, but maybe 60v can make it happen but bulk/weight is still likely an issue. My old Skil Worm weighs 16lbs as a corded tool. 

I just want a blade left, closer to corded levels of power tool with the worm drive handle. So much more natural IMO, light weight and ergonomic. Perhaps they'll make the next 20v 6.5 update this way with improved motor and ergonomics. One can hope.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I just want a blade left, closer to corded levels of power tool with the worm drive handle. So much more natural IMO, light weight and ergonomic. Perhaps they'll make the next 20v 6.5 update this way with improved motor and ergonomics. One can hope.  

Couldn't agree more, blade left all the way. I don't want to start a worm drive vs. sidewinder debate but for me the Porter Cable 743 is the best of both worlds. A light weight sidewinder with the blade on the left. Ripping sheets of ply(on the stack or ground) while walking down the line on your knees is so much easier with a left handed blade. Just easier in general to visualize the cut line in any situation.

Though I should invest in a track saw, I hear nothing but good things about that set up.

• Like 1

I don't think they can reproduce the torque at the RPM's necessary to make worm drive a cordless tool without it weighing 20lbs. If it were that simple I'm sure it would have been done by now, but maybe 60v can make it happen but bulk/weight is still likely an issue. My old Skil Worm weighs 16lbs as a corded tool. 

And make it compatible with Festool, Makita, and Dewalt tracks!! I would pay 2 bills bare tool for it!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am somewhat surprised that I haven't seen any aftermarket saw bases to mod a saw for use on a track. I have been thinking of making something up from a piece of Corian that I could fasten onto one of my saws, but as I do not currently have any tracks to work with, and the tool budget is pretty much shot, it will have to wait awhile.