Milwaukee M18 FPD 2nd gen Hammer drill new chuck spindle connection

razvan

Hello everyone,

I've been having a problem with the milwaukee M18 FPD 2nd gen drill.

The chuck got stuck and I need to replace it.

The problem is that on this newer model the spindle on to which the chuck is mounted is actually larger than on the older model and larger so far than any chuck i've tried to fit on it.

From what I've learned this particullary spindle would be 9/16".

So far I have not been able to find a chuck that would fit this drill and I REALLY need new chuck.

Is there any way to proper identify this type of chuck and if yes where can I get one ???

P.S. No i haven't tried to have it serviced as it would take at least a couple of weeks.... 

Razvan, the best thing to do is service the tool (if the chuck is not repairable). new chucks cost 40-90$ and if replaced by yourself you lose the warranty.

I say put it back together nice and neat take the few weeks and hope for the best lol.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately at this time I would gladly go without the warranty than wait that long.

I use the drill every single day somethimes for 4 hours straight....

I would gladly spend that amount of money but I have no idea what to get......

• Like 1

I would  just buy a new drill if price doesn't matter, and send the broken chuck one to Milwaukee, or if you have a HD near you with a power tool rental they should have  a chuck their for that drill and will fix it in a jif (but with charge). and if you like your new one just sell the old one ;)

To me it sounds better just to buy a new one and sell my old one when it's fixed than buy an expensive chuck...

Believe me I had the same problem with my old Gen 1 Impact I was worried I wasn't going to get it back for weeks, but Milwaukee fixed it up and got it to me in under a week with no charge.

I don't know maybe my advice is bad, I don't want to be the cause of a major disaster :)

Whenever I want to check into replacement parts on my Milwaukee tools, i go to their website and find a parts breakdown then call my service center for ordering:

https://documents.milwaukeetool.com/55-24-2740.pdf

Well, i don't think this will help, it says the chuck is 1/2" But this is the second gen Fuel drill

• Like 1

On 1/17/2017 at 2:25 PM, razvan said:

Hello everyone,

I've been having a problem with the milwaukee M18 FPD 2nd gen drill.

The chuck got stuck and I need to replace it.

The problem is that on this newer model the spindle on to which the chuck is mounted is actually larger than on the older model and larger so far than any chuck i've tried to fit on it.

From what I've learned this particullary spindle would be 9/16".

So far I have not been able to find a chuck that would fit this drill and I REALLY need new chuck.

Is there any way to proper identify this type of chuck and if yes where can I get one ???

P.S. No i haven't tried to have it serviced as it would take at least a couple of weeks.... 

You can find the part number for the chuck by searching the model number on this site.  

http://services.milwaukeetool.co.uk/jsp/index.jsp