My plunge into the Dewalt Tough system

JimboS1ice

Yea ya heard, I got some tough boxes at HD today, 2 DS130s and 1 350, no wheels yet not sure my direction but this stack will be dedicated for my sanders, time for kaizen foam!!

b8e17a0513d7607de8799410ea0131ee.jpg

Had to put my 1 systainer on top I may not keep this one and put the sander in a tough box

7d7e3320b4c488c3e61a6c6daac80958.jpg

These pull down storage boxes are cool too I made some modifications, I cut out a hole to slide the palm sander punch in and out

28bfd32f48815d5d94b0e7fe7b3fa3e4.jpg

54c3b3aa2846c5d8d731843395cd3a2c.jpg

a9a057530b54dd6ac0ac0cf38ad51b7a.jpg

This one will be for my ryobi detail sander and a couple OMTs I use for sanding

And the bottom, just threw some stuff in

88a9fa3cff67a8ddfc4ab4acbb3891e9.jpg

I'll keep updating as I organize and modify

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 12

At the moment I have my Bosch sander in an l boxx and I hate having to take it in and out all the time. After my current table saw storage build I will be building a sanding station for the wall. No more in and out of a box for the sander and papers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

nice setup @JimboS1ice. I like how you mixed different systems together. Just ordered myself a ds300 box.

I'd like to be able to clip that systainer on top if not I may just toss it aside and put the sander in a toughbox with some kaizen

• Like 2

Those are nice cases. Makes me wish I wasn't invested in the Ridgid pro cases @jimboslice

I have a ridgid pro stack too, I keep my angle grinders and discs in that one, gotta say the tough system is a step up, you get more luxuries with it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I have a ridgid pro stack too, I keep my angle grinders and discs in that one, gotta say the tough system is a step up, you get more luxuries with it

I was just thinking that you had the Ridgid stack system too. Makes sense to go with different boxes so you know which is which easily.

• Like 2

I am strongly toying with the idea of getting in deep with the tough system .. I have a few of the organizers.....[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

• Like 3

The tough system is a great box.

noticed that you have the muffler for your shop vac how do you like it I was thinking about buying it 

Muffler is definitly worth it, so much quieter and it tones the beast of the vac down better for sanders

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

51df9ccf995929a9d15e45f41ee45429.jpg

Used a gift card at farm and fleet for this guy, will keep sand paper in it

I looked long and hard at building a rack for about 6 of these but in the end I just couldn't justify the cost. Outside of rare deals they're just too expensive for me. My coworker and I end up mixing together our supplies a lot (both have Dewalt so it's a cluster) and he has the older style Dewalt cases so I ended up going with the Milwaukee case instead so it would be easy to differentiate. It's on sale frequently enough that it was a much easier pill to swallow. 

I looked long and hard at building a rack for about 6 of these but in the end I just couldn't justify the cost. Outside of rare deals they're just too expensive for me. My coworker and I end up mixing together our supplies a lot (both have Dewalt so it's a cluster) and he has the older style Dewalt cases so I ended up going with the Milwaukee case instead so it would be easy to differentiate. It's on sale frequently enough that it was a much easier pill to swallow. 

If I didn't have a gift card I would have just used a ds130, the milwaukees rock, I don't see 40 in this other than it locks in my stack

• Like 1

Hell is officially frozen and I just spotted a flying pig [emoji200]? [emoji109][emoji109][emoji109]

Tough Tool Reviews on Instragram

Between the price and what I was looking for - no brained hey man you started with the red so it was only a matter of time

• Like 2

On 1/24/2017 at 0:09 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Of the small storage containers that come with either the ds130 or the Ridgid box, which do you like better?

On 1/24/2017 at 4:12 PM, JimboS1ice said:

If I didn't have a gift card I would have just used a ds130, the milwaukees rock, I don't see 40 in this other than it locks in my stack

You got 40 of the Milwaukee boxes?

You got 40 of the Milwaukee boxes?

I think Jimboslice mean the DeWalt DS100 is not worth the $40 he spent on it compared to the $20 for the Milwaukee boxes

What ford said, I think 40 bucks is steep for the ds100 IMO, if I were doing just organizers the Milwaukee is a better bang for the buck

I think the containers are about the same you get a more size variety with the tough box and the ds130 comes with two folding lid containers which is cool

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

What ford said, I think 40 bucks is steep for the ds100 IMO, if I were doing just organizers the Milwaukee is a better bang for the buck

I think the containers are about the same you get a more size variety with the tough box and the ds130 comes with two folding lid containers which is cool

Curious as to why the 130 is cheaper than the 100 considering its a bit bigger and has the lid compartments.

Curious as to why the 130 is cheaper than the 100 considering its a bit bigger and has the lid compartments.

Good question maybe cost of clear plastic and if you want an organizer we're going to make you pay? Lol