Today on Craigslist I found....

ikepete

Sometimes I look at the tools on Craigslist to see if there is anything good. Sometimes there are good deals but nothing I would want. Today however there was a deal that I didn't think was that great. Someone wanted $175 for this vintage snap on tool box36aa0caa13cf87cef52bb4297326e38d.jpg

I wouldn't pay anywhere close to that....unless maybe if it was full of useful tools

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's the problem with Craigslist. Everyone expects top dollar for their beat up stuff (tools, camping gear, etc.). Occasionally you'll stumble across a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Problem is with snap on that because of the name makes it worth more than it's weight in gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

On 1/26/2017 at 8:13 AM, ikepete said:

I like the Craigslist ads that people say they are selling a tool but the picture is an internet picture. Show me the real tool not one from google.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, that seems to be the latest trend. I was looking for a router table, and the one pictured was one that was brand new in the box, although not a stock photo.  The ad did NOT mention it was used, and was only about $30 cheaper than new, but $30 off would be a good deal.  Drove 1/2 hour to pick it up, and when I got there, it was beat to to hell, a real piece of trash. 

Look at this "vintage" jointer, it's "new", "never used", still has original packing material attached, "very slight surface rust", and has no motor. $150

I'm not sure how you get vintage and new in the same item. If it was an older model of a tool that had never been removed from it's packaging then I guess it would fit that description. If it was never used, why does it have no motor? I've never seen a jointer sold without a motor.

00h0h_6ChsaM1boTj_600x450.jpg00J0J_lIU0DBWTbI5_600x450.jpg00s0s_3YeyRoK5CUj_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

Look at this "vintage" jointer, it's "new", "never used", still has original packing material attached, "very slight surface rust", and has no motor. $150

I'm not sure how you get vintage and new in the same item. If it was an older model of a tool that had never been removed from it's packaging then I guess it would fit that description. If it was never used, why does it have no motor? I've never seen a jointer sold without a motor.

00h0h_6ChsaM1boTj_600x450.jpg00J0J_lIU0DBWTbI5_600x450.jpg00s0s_3YeyRoK5CUj_600x450.jpg

Vintage on Craigslist is a polite word for trash I'm trying to sell

Never been a fan of CL

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Vintage on Craigslist is a polite word for trash I'm trying to sell

Never been a fan of CL

Oh, so similar to my family's definition of antique. If it's old it's antique, it could have cost $5 and be falling apart but to them it's antique. 

I'm not a fan of Craigslist either, everyone is either trying to get their money back on something that's several years old and discontinued or it's in garbage condition. I usually check it out when someone mentions it and I remember it exists. I'm also hesitant to meet someone in a parking lot to buy something, the risk of being robbed even in a public area isn't worth it to me.