DeWalt DCCS670 Chainsaw

Ric.M

DeWalt put the flexvolt DCCS670 chainsaw (plus blower & string trimmer) on their US site about a week ago.

DeWALT DCCS670X1 60V MAX Chainsaw

Does anyone know when this will be available for sale?  Is there a typical lag time from posting online to general availability?

i have some trees & branches that need my attention and I can't wait much longer to start on 'em.  This will be my first chainsaw and I already have a few flexvolt tools so it's a natural choice.

one other question: DeWalt only mentions the X1 variant (includes one 9Ah battery); is it likely they will release the bare tool,  one-battery kit and two-battery kits simultaneously even though I see no mention of the other two SKUs?

thanks...

IMG_7832.JPG

3 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

If you have a reciprocating saw, you can pick up a pruning blade or two and make a lot of them disappear pretty quickly, I have taken down a six inch plus mulberry tree without a hint of trouble and have cut four to five inch limbs countless times.

agreed recip and a pruning blade make quick work of limbs

• Like 2

11 hours ago, midogrumpy said:

any idea on the List price in USA ?

2)

Europe:

the model number is DCM575

available as X1 and N (bare tool)

N= 355€uro

The Europe Variant has interchangeable chainsaw blades

Oregon

40cm chain saw

46cm chain saw

no tool is need to change !

cheers

First I've heard of the possibility of interchangeable blades. Only the 16" Oregon is mentioned here.  The 18" (46cm) could be useful if the saw proves to have enough power to handle it.

6 hours ago, Grumpy MSG said:

If you have a reciprocating saw, you can pick up a pruning blade or two and make a lot of them disappear pretty quickly, I have taken down a six inch plus mulberry tree without a hint of trouble and have cut four to five inch limbs countless times.

I have several Bay trees that grow over a steep, curved driveway.  As the bays get tall, they get pretty top-heavy and lean over the drive.  When it rains or the winds pick up, branches drop down low enough to make contact with the cars.

I have the flexvolt recip and have used it to trim off branches as needed, works great with a 5tpi pruning blade, but it's more of a bandaid/quick fix.

A few months ago we had particularly high winds and one of the bays fell over the driveway and we couldn't leave until it was cleaned up.  I'm afraid the solution is to remove the bays and plant more appropriate landscaping in their place.

i could just buy a cheap chainsaw and get started, but I would prefer electric (as it [hopefully] won't be needed often and I don't like the maintenance & prep involved with scarcely used gas engines.  

Was hoping to hear that posting on the DeWalt site indicated weeks not months.  If another tree or large branch falls, I suppose I'll just have to bite the bullet.

I just purchased the EGO 16" 56v chainsaw last month. I haven't used it yet but it get phenomenal reviews, just like every EGO product. I have the Mower so it made sense. Now that this is coming, which I have a decent amount of FlexVolt batteries, makes more sense. Especially when it comes with a 9.0ah which I could use in my other tools. 

51 minutes ago, joemontague said:

I'm debating  between  the flexvolt  or the new makita  any suggestions  

Both are great systems. Makita x2 is a bit less powerful an less efficient than Flexvolt but you also have access to Makita's huge line of 18v tools. x2 requires 2 batteries but because they are just standard 18v batteries they won't add extra bulk when used with 18v tools. It also means you need to have at least 2 batteries charged because each x2 tool takes 2 batteries. DeWALT Flexvolt is the clear winner in terms of power. When under load it powers through just about anything a corded tool can. The battery is large and will add extra weight and bulk to a 20v tool. Except for the miter saws, all Flexvolt tools only require one battery. Flexvolt batteries work on 20v tools but 20v batteries will not work on Flexvolt tools. Another advantage to Flexvolt is all the Flexvolt tools are brushless. Makita may have the slight edge over Flexvolt but with wave 2 Flexvolt approaching we may see otherwise. 

• Like 1

Ugg.  It's now listed on Amazon for preorder, but not to be released until April 1.

Pre-order price is $349 including a 9Ah (3Ah @ 60v) battery which seem quite reasonable to me considering the batteries are only available in singles today for $200 ea.