20v Max XR circular saw

Bremon

33 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

Ya ..the brushless thing is a big deal...wish you left blade guys would get the same as us right blade guys...should be a choice for everyone,even if the profits don't warrant it....

They do have options, but they aren't yellow. SB&D needs to understand having an extra couple batteries isn't a huge deal for everyone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I mentioned that before on a thread about a Bosch circ saw I believe. 

Would be a cool concept

all they need is a slide mechanism similar to batteries but with less play and is stronger. Wouldn't be too hard to implement except would be expensive. I find batteries may be secure but tend to be a bit loose when connected to a tool. 

I have it, use it exclusively, not DYI, for a living.... Want brushless runtime, a small bump in power wouldn't hurt my feelings either.  Hate right blade saws.... *If* I need a 7.25 there's a worm drive in the tool trailer but I never need it.

All of the above applies to me.

Put a FV battery in your 6 1/2. Longer runtime, more power. The same goes for the 20v miter saw. More power, higher RPMs. I don't notice the weight on the circular saw, and it doesn't matter on the SCMS.

I ended up buying a pair of FV batteries for these saws after using the FV battery from my new 60v reciprocating saw.

Game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mordekyle said:

All of the above applies to me.

Put a FV battery in your 6 1/2. Longer runtime, more power. The same goes for the 20v miter saw. More power, higher RPMs. I don't notice the weight on the circular saw, and it doesn't matter on the SCMS.

I ended up buying a pair of FV batteries for these saws after using the FV battery from my new 60v reciprocating saw.

Game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup that appears to be my only option and was/am planning to get a couple FV batteries for that very reason.  To be honest the DCS391 has always done everything I've asked and I'm very much pleased with it, I just had high hopes that the next 20V saw would be an upgrade to everything I like about it.  I'm more than happy to keep on using it but hey who wouldn't want a shinny new one with the latest tech?

11 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Ya ..the brushless thing is a big deal...wish you left blade guys would get the same as us right blade guys...should be a choice for everyone,even if the profits don't warrant it....

I've convinced myself that DeWalt is secretly holding out so they can release a Flexvolt worm drive saw. I have no reason to think this, but the new Makita saw (not technically a worm drive, I know) gives me hope.

• Like 1