Resaw !

rrmccabe

Took a few minutes today to make sure my re-saw blade was going to work OK on my band saw. Going to make mama a jewelry box out of a tree I cut down 2 or 3 years ago in my back yard.

Below is one out of about 20 rough chunks I milled. I just wanted to make sure it would work. Only took about 15 minutes to band saw and send through planer a couple times.

I have more of the light soft spalted wood than I do the dark normal looking stuff. In burned most of it and regretting that now.

20170125_105327.jpg

• Like 7

Chris,

The saw is a Grizzly G0513X2BF.

The blade is one that I ordered at same time I ordered saw. (see picture below). I dont remember all the details but 1" with 2 tpi. Not a high end blade by any means. I really was not planning on doing a lot of fine re-saw work with it and the 1" blade was for milling logs. I have since changed my mind and will probably go for a couple nice carbide blades.

I also have a couple other blades that are not quite as aggressive I need to try before I make boards out of all this rough timber but this one did a pretty nice job.

20140505_183615(0).jpg

20140503_162033.jpg

• Like 1