Dumbass and belt sanders

CATERPILLAR

So I came into wood shop the 2nd teacher  a.k.a dumbass came to me and said I need u to look at something and I was think oh shit lol he takes me into the office and he shows me the porter belt sander . a student got the cord stuck in the belt and grinded it off and tripped the breaker I started laughing it amazes me how dumb people are

20170126_114517.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Yea funny if I was the teacher I would Charge him 30$ fuckin dumbass dumbass ruined a brand new cord

By free, I meant he used up all of his dumbass mistakes........?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Holy shit that's quite the list I haven't had stitches YET ?

Ironically, I've never broken a bone (aside from a toe) and I've never had stitches anywhere else on my body. 

My my poor head has taken all the trauma ☹️

• Like 2

I seem  to recall a few years ago, Bosch had a circular saw with a one feature being an easily replaceable cord. All this doesn't touch the conversation I had 3 or 4 years ago at the big spring tool sale at Rocking R hardware. I was talking to the DeWALT rep, he had the brand new ToughSystem boxes I was admiring, ogling and playing with. We got to talking and I mentioned my dislike of the guard on the older DW744 tablesaw. Another person right there chimed in guards are worthless, the first thing he does is throw them away. I was like, "I just like the newer modular guard setup that took no tools to add and take away pieces to optimize it's use." He was, "I still wouldn't use it." a little bit later he tells me about the accident he had ripping a 2 X 4 with a circular saw. He had it supported by his leg, something happened, he cut off his thumb, got part way through his index finger, when the blade grabbed his pants, tore them off and wrapped them up in the blade. he said he only had a small cut on his leg, I honestly believe he doesn't know how close he was to killing himself by cutting his femoral artery. That is the kind of guy I want to take safety advice from.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Ironically, I've never broken a bone (aside from a toe) and I've never had stitches anywhere else on my body. 

My my poor head has taken all the trauma ☹️

I've had surgeries as a kid, was laid up for a while..... stitches in fingers, toe..... just like you ...only managed to break a toe

• Like 1

On 1/27/2017 at 6:13 PM, Grumpy MSG said:

I seem  to recall a few years ago, Bosch had a circular saw with a one feature being an easily replaceable cord. All this doesn't touch the conversation I had 3 or 4 years ago at the big spring tool sale at Rocking R hardware. I was talking to the DeWALT rep, he had the brand new ToughSystem boxes I was admiring, ogling and playing with. We got to talking and I mentioned my dislike of the guard on the older DW744 tablesaw. Another person right there chimed in guards are worthless, the first thing he does is throw them away. I was like, "I just like the newer modular guard setup that took no tools to add and take away pieces to optimize it's use." He was, "I still wouldn't use it." a little bit later he tells me about the accident he had ripping a 2 X 4 with a circular saw. He had it supported by his leg, something happened, he cut off his thumb, got part way through his index finger, when the blade grabbed his pants, tore them off and wrapped them up in the blade. he said he only had a small cut on his leg, I honestly believe he doesn't know how close he was to killing himself by cutting his femoral artery. That is the kind of guy I want to take safety advice from.

I know I have problems grasping a concept here or there, but common sense is not one of them. This guy is a darwin award waiting to happen.... insane

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...