Best parts organizers on the market?

Moze

The word ‘best’ is obviously relative to your needs, but pretty happy with these organizers I found…

The attached pictures show my current setup for parts organizers on my van. It works decently, but when I’m driving, the contents often bounce out of the top of the drawers and wind up in other drawers, at the bottom of the organizer, etc…

I started looking at other organizers, and although I like the new(ish) Milwaukee and DeWalt ones, those still have issues (for my use). I pretty much want/need the organizers on the doors of the van. Even if the organizers have a way to be mounted, I would need to remove them every time to access the contents. Not very practical.

Also, I will often bring a single bin of parts in with me on a job. The down side to an open bin is that they can easily be spilled.

06.jpg

08.jpg

• Like 3

….So all of that brings me to these. For me, I think they’re going to be perfect. They have mounting holes, so I can fasten them to the doors. The only potential issue is I don’t know how much jostling they can take – so the mounting may require some extra attention. Other than that, I like that when mounted, they can be folded during transport. It saves room and keeps everything secure. When you need to access them, pop the two clips, fold down the outer half and you have full access. The bins are fully sealed with lids, so the contents stays in the bin. The lids also solve the issue of potentially spilling the contents if you bring a bin with you on a job. Dividers are included which is great for when you have small parts that don’t require a full bin. The bins clip into the carrier and can also clip to your belt which is great for working on ladders, bucket trucks, lifts, etc. The bins can be rearranged and the carrier also comes with a shoulder strap in case you want to bring the entire thing with you. The construction overall seems really solid. I have yet to mount these, but I think they’re going to work pretty great.

I got them off Amazon:

“WorkVanEquipment Mobile Hardware Case Tackle Box with Removable Compartment Organizer and Shoulder Strap – US Patented”

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYVWCZP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20170128_112457.jpg

20170128_112514.jpg

20170128_112543.jpg

20170128_112605.jpg

20170128_112651.jpg

20170128_112722.jpg

20170128_112911.jpg

• Like 5

Interesting, I like that. If I was working out of a truck and needed a bunch of different fasteners that would be perfect. I am trying to figure out how to do my fasteners in my garage, right now it's a mix of storage in a plastic tool tote, hanging bins and one of the old steel-frame plastic-bins organizer.

This could work, because I could stick it on a shelf and then pull it out and use the container to take it to where I need them. I was replacing/building a small gate in my yard, my best solution was a handful of two different sized nails in my pocket...not great, especially with gloves on.

….So all of that brings me to these. For me, I think they’re going to be perfect. They have mounting holes, so I can fasten them to the doors. The only potential issue is I don’t know how much jostling they can take – so the mounting may require some extra attention. Other than that, I like that when mounted, they can be folded during transport. It saves room and keeps everything secure. When you need to access them, pop the two clips, fold down the outer half and you have full access. The bins are fully sealed with lids, so the contents stays in the bin. The lids also solve the issue of potentially spilling the contents if you bring a bin with you on a job. Dividers are included which is great for when you have small parts that don’t require a full bin. The bins clip into the carrier and can also clip to your belt which is great for working on ladders, bucket trucks, lifts, etc. The bins can be rearranged and the carrier also comes with a shoulder strap in case you want to bring the entire thing with you. The construction overall seems really solid. I have yet to mount these, but I think they’re going to work pretty great.

I got them off Amazon:

“WorkVanEquipment Mobile Hardware Case Tackle Box with Removable Compartment Organizer and Shoulder Strap – US Patented”

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYVWCZP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20170128_112457.jpg

20170128_112514.jpg

20170128_112543.jpg

20170128_112605.jpg

20170128_112651.jpg

20170128_112722.jpg

20170128_112911.jpg

That is an awesome system! And do I spy a Veto pro Pac in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Moze said:

Glad you like them @BMack37. I have yet to organize mine. Need to figure out a good way to mount them to the doors first.

Same here, I want to mount it but not sure where I'm going to put it...I think I'm going to order a second for screws, once I figure out where to hang them. The option to hang them really puts them over the top.