Dedicated 45° Cross Cut Sled

comp56

I'm cutting 45° cuts quite often so I figured I put together a fast cross cut sled just for 45° the smaller trim stuff I can do with the Incra 1000 but it is nice to have a stoppable cross cut sled as well. I'm making two different size pieces for these boxes so I made it directly for this procedure with two different stops at the end.

It sure is nice to have perfectly cut miters to build with ...here is the first box with the jig turned out perfectly.....

22.jpg

33.jpg

11.jpg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, comp56 said:

I'm cutting 45° cuts quite often so I figured I put together a fast cross cut sled just for 45° the smaller trim stuff I can do with the Incra 1000 but it is nice to have a stoppable cross cut sled as well. I'm making two different size pieces for these boxes so I made it directly for this procedure with two different stops at the end.

It sure is nice to have perfectly cut miters to build with ...here is the first box with the jig turned out perfectly.....

22.jpg

33.jpg

11.jpg

How are you liking your incra Comp? Total PITA to dial in but it seems okay. 

nice I like it, didn't have any issue dialing it in at all......I swapped out the plastic rings that came in the rail it to fit miter slot and it was good to go. I have a feeling they are different sizes  (white ones) but hard to tell between them. once I changed it out it fit super nice.....

15 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

I need a crosscut sled in general. Yours looks good. I bought the plans from Nick ferry but haven't gotten to it yet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

thanks I just needed one for 45's might make one for 90's too but I use my miter saw for that too so its a toss up....lol

On 2/1/2017 at 10:27 AM, rrich1 said:

I need a crosscut sled in general. Yours looks good. I bought the plans from Nick ferry but haven't gotten to it yet.

I never gave a cross cut sled too much thought. I have bunch of 1in acrylic scraps from work that I want to make some shelves and curtain brackets out of, so a cross cut sled may be the way to go. Thanks for mentioning Nick Ferry, I watched his video and will be buying his plans. 

The last time I cut acrylic on my miter saw I chipped the carbide off a tooth, but I have a blade for cutting aluminum and plastics for my table saw.

EDIT: Ouch there is about 200.00 worth of Kreg products in his sled. I will definitely be going a cheaper route. 

• Like 1

I never gave a cross cut sled too much thought. I have bunch of 1in acrylic scraps from work that I want to make some shelves and curtain brackets out of, so a cross cut sled may be the way to go. Thanks for mentioning Nick Ferry, I watched his video and will be buying his plans. 

The last time I cut acrylic on my miter saw I chipped the carbide off a tooth, but I have a blade for cutting aluminum and plastics for my table saw.

EDIT: Ouch there is about 200.00 worth of Kreg products in his sled. I will definitely be going a cheaper route. 

There is a kit that runs about $140 for the rails and stops. Could always piece it together as you go.