1940s Craftsman drill press clean up!

rrich1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
[mention=50861]rrich1[/mention] You need this! Look what I found on Craigslist in Tampa! https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/tls/d/craftsman-band-saw/6328660878.html
That would be a fun restore. There had been a few pop up within driving distance of me but I never called. If I had the room to put one for the sake of it I would. Resaw capacity was what I really need/wanted.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

That would be a fun restore. There had been a few pop up within driving distance of me but I never called. If I had the room to put one for the sake of it I would. Resaw capacity was what I really need/wanted.

I wish I had the space for it too! It's massive! I could really use a bandsaw...right now I'm rigging up an old jigsaw, upside down, clamped in the jawhorse as a make-shift bandsaw. I've used it to cut 16" long pieces of metal(cutting lengthwise), that was definitely not OSHA approved. The pieces were too thin to clamp down and use the jigsaw properly.

I wish I had the space for it too! It's massive! I could really use a bandsaw...right now I'm rigging up an old jigsaw, upside down, clamped in the jawhorse as a make-shift bandsaw. I've used it to cut 16" long pieces of metal(cutting lengthwise), that was definitely not OSHA approved. The pieces were too thin to clamp down and use the jigsaw properly.
Do you have a woodcraft near by? Or even a rockler. The rikon I got is on sale for a stupid good price for you what you get. Been a great machine so far. Think it's the 10-324.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Do you have a woodcraft near by? Or even a rockler. The rikon I got is on sale for a stupid good price for you what you get. Been a great machine so far. Think it's the 10-324.

I have one across the bay. I've been thinking about their benchtop planer. Wow $650 for that bandsaw is like half price!

I have one across the bay. I've been thinking about their benchtop planer. Wow $650 for that bandsaw is like half price!

It's priced similarly to the grizzly and this one has a lot more features. Higher hp motor, 13" resaw capacity stock so no riser kit needed. I am going to resaw some mahagony here soon. I'll do a review after that.  

• Like 1