Dewalt DCN692N

Barry

Hi there , having issues with my roughing gun when you fire a nail the piston is not returning it's getting jammed in the chamber and you need to knock it back with a screwdriver. Does anyone know what the fault with this could be ?

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:36 PM, sgand said:

I just got mine today and the manual says it will stop firing with 7-9 nails left. Is that normal for all nail guns? Seems pretty wasteful to me.

Yes the gun will do this to prevent dry firing. Don't remove those nails that are left in the gun just insert a full clip and continue shooting. Those nails will be used then the clip you inserted will be used until you are back down to the few nails remaining and the gun will not fire until you repeat the process

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:36 PM, Cr8ondt said:

There's a guy on YouTube that says all you need to do is put a FlexVolt battery on it...... Fixes every tool right?   Voodoo magic!!!! Err more amps....

Yeah don't believe this guy. I have the 692 with flexvolt batteries and was still having problems with my gun. Might just be my gun so I sent it in for repair and it has been about 3 weeks now with no response from my local dewalt service center. The good thing is my repair will be warrantied so if I have future problems I'm bringing the gun right back.

36 minutes ago, JakeDewalt said:

Yeah don't believe this guy. I have the 692 with flexvolt batteries and was still having problems with my gun. Might just be my gun so I sent it in for repair and it has been about 3 weeks now with no response from my local dewalt service center. The good thing is my repair will be warrantied so if I have future problems I'm bringing the gun right back.

You did catch my sarcasm at the end right?

Flexvolt battery in the gun does help....it's not a cure all....you must have a bad gun...like I said I have three no problems at all in the worse conditions...I don't get the service center thing, if I ever had a problem with any tool I just bring it back( I never have had a problem) but Home Depot will give a store credit or replace it for free even after years...acme tools also...only recently I returned the 20v max jigsaw after over a year and HD just gave a store credit and I bought a new one for less money....

Too bad your having problems. It is a PITA to clear some jams but I don't get that many with mine. I will say of you use a 3.0 battery I get like two sticks up and I need a new battery but running 4s and 5s makes a big difference. 

Oh oh and by the way.....Flexvolt makes EVERYTHING better.....hear that Hitachi??????

148ECB4D-8511-49C9-97D4-6621DAA47712-3118-000005CE148E8508_tmp.png

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Too bad your having problems. It is a PITA to clear some jams but I don't get that many with mine. I will say of you use a 3.0 battery I get like two sticks up and I need a new battery but running 4s and 5s makes a big difference. 

Oh oh and by the way.....Flexvolt makes EVERYTHING better.....hear that Hitachi??????

...at first I wondered what this had to do with law enforcement, but now it's clear to me that this is the new police baton. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

...at first I wondered what this had to do with law enforcement, but now it's clear to me that this is the new police baton. 

It's a kinder genteler Age of Enlightenment. Pardon me sir, stop assaulting that poor store keep. Your being placed under arrest. Might I massage you?

• Like 1

I'm holding out for the Fein version.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1