Other hobbies

rrmccabe

Pretty cool, any issues getting Bio diesel vehicles to pass smog? I'm sure Ohio is not as bad as CA though. I'm having issues getting my Dodge / Cummins to pass. It keeps saying misfire monitor not ready. Dealer and smog shop only tell me to keep driving it.

I finally called consumer affairs and there is a known issue with 04 05 dodge / cummins.  Dealer is supposed to flash the computer. I have appt for Tuesday, hope it helps.

49 minutes ago, SetBuilder said:

Pretty cool, any issues getting Bio diesel vehicles to pass smog? I'm sure Ohio is not as bad as CA though. I'm having issues getting my Dodge / Cummins to pass. It keeps saying misfire monitor not ready. Dealer and smog shop only tell me to keep driving it.

I finally called consumer affairs and there is a known issue with 04 05 dodge / cummins.  Dealer is supposed to flash the computer. I have appt for Tuesday, hope it helps.

No testing here in Ohio for that, very lenient... 
One account I heard of is that the engine needs to idle a little higher than normal during the test for whatever reason. I've lost a ton of my old contacts on this subject since the popularity fell flat and things died down. 

Just so you know, I'm running straight oil through, no biodiesel itself. Hence the separate tanks and valves and filters

On Saturday, February 04, 2017 at 0:39 PM, rrmccabe said:

Thanks guys. The railing was the easy part for me. The slate wrapped treads had me hating life.

I only wish I had started drawing in 3D before building them. At that time I was working in AutoCAD 2D so the design work was a lot harder.

I have since redrawn the house including railing in 3D (see below) and it would have made it much easier to concept if I had that ability at the time.

40 2014-02-16 14360700000.png

39 2014-02-16 11001600000.png

Very nice man looks slick . how long did it take 

• Like 1

I would say it took me about a week to build. Everything is TIGd so there is no grinding work except to radius the 1/4" mounting plates and to clean up band saw cuts.  Another 3 days at the powdercoater.

My CAD drawing were right on so I just built everything to print and left the top rails long and installed them to make that joint come together.

• Like 3

On 2/6/2017 at 7:42 PM, metaljunkie said:

Biodiesel?

Sorry just caught this

3 hours ago, WigWagWorkshop said:

@KnarlyCarlProcessing cooking oil?

Yes, filtration system that I was using a centrifuge to remove the sediments but it all broke apart slowly and long story short, it hasn't ran for a year or so, it's kind of frustrating because of how difficult it is to work with it. There are different methods out there to filter the oil but the centrifuge was absolutely incredible.

So I've lost of a bit of enthusiasm for it but I'd like to get it running again sometime.....

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:49 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

Sorry just caught this

Yes, filtration system that I was using a centrifuge to remove the sediments but it all broke apart slowly and long story short, it hasn't ran for a year or so, it's kind of frustrating because of how difficult it is to work with it. There are different methods out there to filter the oil but the centrifuge was absolutely incredible.

So I've lost of a bit of enthusiasm for it but I'd like to get it running again sometime.....

Had a buddy years ago who did the same thing. He would collect the cooking oil from local restaurants and make his own diesel. I think he said he had to add some type of chemicals to it.   He drove for almost free while he had the truck.