Anyone know of new tools out yet

Framer joe

Waiting for the new Dewalt 20v max cordless tools I saw on here months ago,..like the 20v max brad gun ..or a two pack of 9ah /3ah ? I saw on YT the new sds max 60v ,nice but I think it was 800 with 2/9ah bats...and at 6.1 joules (4.5ft/lbs) at least its close to Milwaukees at 5ft/lbs...or the 60v adapter ? Just wondering ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bremon said:

18g nailer eta May. Stapler, flooring gun and 15 gauge to follow, I believe in that order. 

I'm told 2 weeks for the 609-2, we Canadians have to wait even longer for the 206-2 apparently. 

15g and 16g? Whats the reasoning for that? Seems rather trivial.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

15g and 16g? Whats the reasoning for that? Seems rather trivial.

Everyone else makes them both. Regional preferences. 15g w an actual part of a nail head seems popular for exterior trim, while 16g seems popular for interior work comparatively. Just guesswork on my part though. 

4 hours ago, Framer joe said:

Waiting for the new Dewalt 20v max cordless tools I saw on here months ago,..like the 20v max brad gun ..or a two pack of 9ah /3ah ? I saw on YT the new sds max 60v ,nice but I think it was 800 with 2/9ah bats...and at 6.1 joules (4.5ft/lbs) at least its close to Milwaukees at 5ft/lbs...or the 60v adapter ? Just wondering ...

I really want that 18 gauge brad gun as well. Picked up the 18 gauge ridgid hyperdrive when my 18 volt dewalt died its a lousy replacement for the 8 year old dewalt

On 2/5/2017 at 8:47 AM, Framer joe said:

60v adapter? This the adapter to make the tool corded?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bremon said:

Yep, we'll see. I'm wondering if we'll see a 120v Max 10" table saw at this year's show. 

I have a feeling that this year's Flexvolt tools are going to fulfill a lot of wish lists. I have no reason to think this. I just have a feeling. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jronman said:

would be nice. A corded hybrid would be cool as well.

Exactly. By having it be 120v Max I automatically assume and would expect the mitre adapter would work for it. 

3 hours ago, jkeating3 said:

I have a feeling that this year's Flexvolt tools are going to fulfill a lot of wish lists. I have no reason to think this. I just have a feeling. 

Having seen the difference in potential between the FlexVolt 3.0/9.0 and the M18 9.0 I have no reason not to believe this year's FlexVolt showing will make last year's look like small potatoes. 

1 minute ago, Bremon said:

Exactly. By having it be 120v Max I automatically assume and would expect the mitre adapter would work for it. 

Having seen the difference in potential between the FlexVolt 3.0/9.0 and the M18 9.0 I have no reason not to believe this year's FlexVolt showing will make last year's look like small potatoes. 

I could see a 120v mower, a 120v vac, an orbital sander in either 20v or 60v, and a 60v 1/4in or 1/2in router 

• Like 3

Just now, Bremon said:

Sign me up for all of the above lol. And some paper towel to wipe up my drool :lol:

a 1/2 in cordless router would need a monster of a cordless motor and battery.

This may be VERY far fetched but a 12 battery flexvolt zero turn mower. 6 for the wheels and 6 for the blades.

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

a 1/2 in cordless router would need a monster of a cordless motor and battery.

This may be VERY far fetched but a 12 battery flexvolt zero turn mower. 6 for the wheels and 6 for the blades.

It would be Craftsman "powered by DeWalt" lol

• Like 1

When is the show ? I would buy every one of this ideas above.well not the ride on mower ,but ego styled ya....." if you make it ,they will come" ..why not add more batteries to the power station...8 total...up the amps for charging...still only uses 4 batteries but the other 4 are charging, just rotate them back and forth ...automatically switches to the 4 charged batteries ...that's all day power!!!!! 

Milwaukee and Dewalt both have shows in June seemingly every year. Milwaukee's is called "new product symposium" (NPS), Dewalt shows I honestly haven't paid much attention to. I know Milwaukee has had a big show for at least the past 5 years. I only started really paying attention to yellow last year with "world's first" and their marketing campaign and FlexVolt blowout. Before that I just made fun of the guys on site using Dewalt because there never seemed to be any cool stuff coming out while Milwaukee had tons of great stuff. Now we know what they were up to lol. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bremon said:

Milwaukee and Dewalt both have shows in June seemingly every year. Milwaukee's is called "new product symposium" (NPS), Dewalt shows I honestly haven't paid much attention to. I know Milwaukee has had a big show for at least the past 5 years. I only started really paying attention to yellow last year with "world's first" and their marketing campaign and FlexVolt blowout. Before that I just made fun of the guys on site using Dewalt because there never seemed to be any cool stuff coming out while Milwaukee had tons of great stuff. Now we know what they were up to lol. 

Yep both companies have big ole shindigs ever June. While watching the coverage via social media last year I laughed my ass off, During NPS DeWalt was silent, quietly letting Milwaukee have their day and during DeWalt's event Milwaukee was literally throwing a temper tantrum.... Big red: "Look at me guys" "so what they have a dual voltage battery,whe have a 9.0". Milwaukee even launched a website within minutes of the FlexVolt announcement comparing the non existing 9.0 to the FV 2/6.0.

But back on point both companies drop new tools quite often with out a bunch of fanfare.  When new tools drop we all find out pretty quickly with TIA (and crew), ToolGuyd, Toolnut, and others rapidly getting the news out.

• Like 1