Tekton

WeldfabNeil

What are your thoughts on tekton? 

Never gave tekton much thought untill a few months ago. I got three combo wrench sets in a Christmas party thing. Haven't used them much but so far so good. The finish is great an honestly polish is comparable to my proto an Sk sets. I don't know if the plating will hold up long term but at first no issues. Was looking at there pliers online an noticed some are USA made an half the cost of my similar Proto ones. Honeslty I think I need to give tekton more consideration in the future. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

Do u have some ? I see a review on real tool reviews and they looked pretty good 

BOOOO BOOOOOOOOO!!! 

So I remember seeing a whole wall of Tekton at the Big R next city over... don't really need those kinds of tools, reminds me of working on cars and trucks ugh lol

• Like 1

BOOOO BOOOOOOOOO!!! 

So I remember seeing a whole wall of Tekton at the Big R next city over... don't really need those kinds of tools, reminds me of working on cars and trucks ugh lol

Yea mostly wrench turner tools, their picks are nice for the price too but not a fan of the grips of their USA drivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Tekton I have the 18" 3/8 ratchet, usa screwdrivers, mini needle nose pliers,3/8 extensions and high leverage cutting pliers and a couple more things and they are made good. I even got a Tekton sticker on my box they sell them at meijers and on black Friday they had them buy 1 get 1 free and that was awsome. Wish they would step up they're game on ratchets as they are a out dated design but I like my long 3/8 for $25 you can't beat that and they are 72t and got the 8 piece screwdriver set free also would have been $25 and for USA pliers that a pretty good.

I'm more of a truck brand tool guy but make exceptions for quality at a good price and perfect for back ups or fill ins. I don't favor anyone brand like to have some of all.

I love Tekton I have the 18" 3/8 ratchet, usa screwdrivers, mini needle nose pliers,3/8 extensions and high leverage cutting pliers and a couple more things and they are made good. I even got a Tekton sticker on my box they sell them at meijers and on black Friday they had them buy 1 get 1 free and that was awsome. Wish they would step up they're game on ratchets as they are a out dated design but I like my long 3/8 for $25 you can't beat that and they are 72t and got the 8 piece screwdriver set free also would have been $25 and for USA pliers that a pretty good.

I'm more of a truck brand tool guy but make exceptions for quality at a good price and perfect for back ups or fill ins. I don't favor anyone brand like to have some of all.

Meijers has a nice aisle of tekton stuff I was shocked to find it there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah they do and cheaper than Amazon or Tekton site and I live 5 min from one. I'm wanting to get the impact sockets in 1/2 but find it hard to stray from USA made or truck tools but severely lacking in the impact department lol I use my craftsman USA chrome sockets as I have a ton of them aside from my truck or industrial brand sockets.My matco cordless 1/2 does damage to the square end fast some guys would get sick if they seen that lol but have no choice yet.

I recently bought a pretty nice 3/8 drive socket set. The model number is 13101. They come in an awesome blow mold case (even though it doesn't have a handle). Another positive is they don't skip socket sizes like typical set you'd buy. (The set includes both metric and standard). The quality has been great so far. I don't make my living as a mechanic, so I don't need truck brand tool quality. Plus for $50 it's a pretty hard set to beat.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk