Ridgid 18v Air Compressor?

jtkendall

2 hours ago, HiltiWpg said:

AEG is marketed in more countries than Milwaukee. Hence the rebranding of some AEG tools as Milwaukee/Ridgid.

AEG is a pretty big part of TTI.

Ridgid is US/Canada only.

https://www.aeg-powertools.eu/en-gb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also just found out that AEG used to be a top end German brand until they got bought out and went to China. THought that was intersting

• Like 1

I also just found out that AEG used to be a top end German brand until they got bought out and went to China. THought that was intersting

That makes sense, TTI's M.O. seems to be scooping up well known brands, moving manufacturing to china and maximizing profits with lower manufacturing costs. They certainly proved that Chinese-made tools are worth buying.

They managed to influence the whole industry.

http://www.ttigroup.com/en/our_brands/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If rigid (aeg) rebranded or not continue pumping out useful tools ...they will get people to buy in...myself included .....unless Ryobi is going to be pumping out the same tools soon....I'm in that platform.....heard of 6 and 9 ah Ryobi batteries but don't know when,,. I see the 2pack of 4ah at HD for 69$ that's a good deal

This is perfect for pressure testing natural gas lines. Allot of plumbers are in the rigid line, primarily the see-snake camera system, and have the 18v batteries already. The tank is small enough to keep on the van and you dont need a large reservoir when youre only charging 5 psi. I am gonna pick one of these up.

21 hours ago, Mac the Plumber said:

This is perfect for pressure testing natural gas lines. Allot of plumbers are in the rigid line, primarily the see-snake camera system, and have the 18v batteries already. The tank is small enough to keep on the van and you dont need a large reservoir when youre only charging 5 psi. I am gonna pick one of these up.

I just use the Ryobi power inflator myself for that test.

The service line requires 90psi, which is a little much for the Ryobi, but it's rare we need to do that, usually the gas company takes care of that line. Pressurizing drain lines is also too much for the power inflator, so I can definitely see the appeal of this Ridgid compressor.

If rigid (aeg) rebranded or not continue pumping out useful tools ...they will get people to buy in...myself included .....unless Ryobi is going to be pumping out the same tools soon....I'm in that platform.....heard of 6 and 9 ah Ryobi batteries but don't know when,,. I see the 2pack of 4ah at HD for 69$ that's a good deal

I have both platforms but will take a RIDGID variant over a ryboi variant all day, ryboi stuff is good in its own right but I still have trust issues with them, worst jig saw ever!

Ya ..Jimbo..I'm with ya on some of Ryobi tools....I had to jump into Ryobi for a cordless orbital sander and trim router ,one else had both at the time. Still Dewalt doesn't have em...being a Dewalt guy it's frustrating...but I do love Flexvolt....No power on my jobs ,so  it's a generator or all cordless...I choose all cordless......I seriously contemplating jumping into rigid as a backup....if they keep ipumping out .."other" tools....

Ya ..Jimbo..I'm with ya on some of Ryobi tools....I had to jump into Ryobi for a cordless orbital sander and trim router ,one else had both at the time. Still Dewalt doesn't have em...being a Dewalt guy it's frustrating...but I do love Flexvolt....No power on my jobs ,so  it's a generator or all cordless...I choose all cordless......I seriously contemplating jumping into rigid as a backup....if they keep ipumping out .."other" tools....

Thing about RIDGID it's closer to Milwaukee especially their batteries, it's a strong line up

On 2/22/2017 at 6:30 AM, Framer joe said:

Do you notice Rigid tools and batteries are heavier then Dewalt or Milwaukee ?

Rigid uses a whole heap of metal in their parts and gearing as they advertise All metal gears and housing. Dewalt uses powdered metal gears and nylon housing same with milwaukee. Also the 5ah batteries are 20700, Milwaukee and dewalt 18/20v systems still only use 18650, except for maybe dewalt's 6ah They look big enough for 20700.

4 hours ago, regopit said:
They sure do but the problem is after a year or two sometimes eve less they just fad away

A lot of hd stores don't carry the full line and their tools act almost like a limited release, Random orbital sander, blower, radio, that I don't get about ridgid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/21/2017 at 11:42 PM, Framer joe said:

Another brand that has the "other tools" is Makita and Milwaukee. Makita with the odd ball cordless tools users never thought they needed like a fan, grass shears, or cooled jacket. Milwaukee with e, p, and hvac/r specific tools. I think Milwaukee and DeWALT are gonna have some great June events this year with a lot of great announcements.

• Like 1

I hear that......guys at work love makita...they do have a very strong line up of tools.....it's a solid company,I'd say 3rd best behind Milwaukee and Dewalt....being a Dewalt guy I'm heavily invested...if I bring too many " RED" tools home , my garage will revolt against me...doors won't open,the floor will crack,sheet rock will start to fall off..the heater won't work.....lol......but Milwaukee is a great company they just didn't have nailers when I started buying into Dewalt 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/22/2017 at 5:30 AM, Framer joe said:

Do you notice Rigid tools and batteries are heavier then Dewalt or Milwaukee ?

I posted on page 1.  Not being able to get my hands on the tools.  While on a trip, I stopped at Quincy, Illinois.  They had a good selection of Rigid.  Also DeWalt, Milwaukee, and Ryobi.  (of course they had Ryobi)

I was impressed to see how much they carried, in each lineup.

I had a couple observations.  The Rigid batteries were heavy.  Very heavy.  A 5.0 ah Rigid felt the same as a Flexvolt battery. Didn't have the side by side, but by memory, they felt the same.

The Rigid light were what I was interested in.  Looks like the flood light with the tripod is almost the same price as the Milwaukee tripod and light.  The tripod was the same size also.  I had just assumed the Rigid would be smaller.  

• Like 1

Ya I bought into Ridgid couple weeks ago...all cordless...trim router,orbital sander,compressor, belt sander, ...I retired my Ryobi cordless and replaced them with Ridgid....stuff Dewalt doesn't make.,cordless.....have to say I love the cordless Ridgid tools I bought....

• 2 months later...

Stopped by HD this morning and found the same deals except, WHAT!  The compressor has dropped to $50.03!  Thinking it was a misprinted label I found the display, which still had the $150.06 sticker on it from last week.  I hurried home and boxed up the one I bought exactly one week ago, and just in I boxed up the vacuum and brought it and the unopened starter kit along just in case.  Glad I did; the returns associate called the tool associate to ensure she could do a price adjustment.  He wasn't thrilled about it but told her she'd have to do a return.  For my part, I asked about taking the same items instead of sticking HD with a slightly used vacuum and compressor and saved $108 when I bought everything again.  

Fortunately, there were no starter kits left in stock, otherwise I'd have purchased the two remaining compressors and gotten another free starter kit.